Tyre bed in methods

Husky

to clarify i hate asking tyre questions as they are so boring and repetetive :surrender:

a mate asked me if i coud find out any information though so his question is below. any help appreciated guys :)

his car is an Audi S2

Just curious as I have set of new toyos to get fitted today, do you guys have any idea on how long it takes to bed in road tyres? Eg do they care about heat cycles or just wearing off release agent. Or maybe I should just take it easy until they stop feeling slippy I guess.

further to this he said:

Well they are different to race tyres because of compound and construction….. Diffrenent race tyres all want different scrub cycles for providing long term stable grip (but peak grip may not want any scrubbing).

I guess taking it easy for 100-200 miles is the only sensible way in this case. I looked on toyo's website but they provide no guidance which is surprising.

a friends reply is:

Just enjoy 4 wheel drifts while they are slippy ;)

cheers in advance :thumbs:

No real scrubbing in procedure, this isnt a superbike or a race car. Just drive it normally for 100 miles or so leaning on the tyres more and more as they wear in and go easy in the wet. Its just to scrub off the release agent. They are road tyres so no speacial bedding in needed, they are expected to be driven from cold all day every day, not like race tyres which expect to be up to temperature.

boring :yawn:

"steering at full lock, handbrake off (not that it makes much difference), esp off, 6000rpm in first then lift the clutch"

either you'll kill something or you'll scrub the rears in extremely quickly :thumbs: let me know how it goes :lol:

can you post a video of you showing the Dawg how to do it as he's a bit slow sometimes ;)

"steering at full lock, handbrake off (not that it makes much difference), esp off, 6000rpm in first then lift the clutch"

either you'll kill something or you'll scrub the rears in extremely quickly :thumbs: let me know how it goes :lol:

can you post a video of you showing the Dawg how to do it as he's a bit slow sometimes ;)

??? :boxing:

i'm sure the pooch will catch up :p

would demonstrate but i've just worn in a full set of Bridgestone RE050A and at the price they come in at I couldn't bring myself to shread them. Maybe when they need replacing for a cheaper (but better) set of vredestein. Wouldn't need anywhere near 6000rpm to spin the Bridgestones, practically drift round every corner :scare:

Sounds like a nice way to make your rear tyres more sticky than the fronts. Welcome to understeer until the fronts are equally scrubbed in :lol: