Road Noise

Posidrive

Anyone else find the road noise a touch annoying? I love the sound of the engine for the more spirited trips, but commuting on the A420 is starting to become a little trying.

May be related to worn tyres, having new Falkens fitted all round tomorrow. Perhaps should have gone more high end but had a moment of tightness because we are in the process of buying a house at the moment.

Has anyone fitted any sort of aftermarket sound deadening?

Take your boot cover out....what is underneath it? A spare wheel and bare metal?? Nissan don't have the best track record for sound proofing the rear of their cars :lol: In my old 200sx i ended up stuffing loft insulation under the rear seats and above the rear arches - all sat in place under the standard rear seats.

In my 350 i have resorted to removing the spare wheel and associated tools, and Dynamat'ing the whole of the boot floor and rear arches (there is a decent sticky on one of the Modifications forums i think). I have put a layer of carpet over this, then I have put folded loft insulation on top of that. I have then put the normal rear boot cover back in place resting nicely on the loft insulation, with carpet under that shoddy pieve of black cloth that covers the boot cover. I also have a tonneau cover.

Road noise is substantially reduced - but it still isnt as good as it could have been. I *could* have really gone to town with the Dynamat but i didnt use more than the normal £70 large roll in the boot. It seems to me that this is where most of the road noise comes from.

An alternate (cheaper) solution, is to drive everywhere three-gears lower than you need too, or to turn the radio up :teeth:

Dynamat, Genuine nissan boot mat, tonnau and Falkens and I have hardly any road noise at all. I also did some dynamatting behind the driver seat and concentrated on the arches. If you dont have a sub then you will get some noise coming through in there, just fill with loft insulation!

Have to open the window to get the full exhaust experience in the car :)