Anyone heard of these guys - Imports Direct

DreNBT

Hi all, not sure if this is in the right section(if not many apologies and please move).

As some of you may know, I am currently on the search for my first Zed and at the moment just been scanning autotrader.

I have come across these guys and was just wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of dealing with them?

http://www.westmoorsmotorcompany.co.uk/134425/index.htm

For some reason I feel slightly more safer going through a dealer as obviously checks are more thorough before sold on, plus if anything goes wrong I have someone I can come back to to hassle instead of feeling I have lost out if a private sale. Does anyone know how reputable they are? If any of you have time, have a look in the used section they have quite a few Zeds at very attractive prices.

Any thoughts? I am putting an enquiry in to them today and just waiting for them to come back to me.

Thanks

I see what your saying about feeling safer but thats not always the case. Sometimes a private sale, espeically if its an owner on here will have looked after the car and most people are very honest about their cars. You bet your life they have also used traders from here so you know that its a good car. Don't rule out private especially as you generally have more room for bringing the price down in a private sale. :thumbs:

In answer to your post though I don't have any experience with them, sorry. :)

I had heard the same that they were a tad iffy.... you find that they have loads of cars advertised, but when you get there they dont have them and the ones they do have are often cheap imports.....I also heard from a friend when i was looking that they were selling cars that had been crashed in japan fixed up and sold over here avoiding HPI checks etc.... But i dont know how true that is.

What i do know was that they were selling when i was looking lots of cars that seemed to good to be true...£6-8k on autotrader etc...

Avoid them. Cars are ropey at best. I was down there last weekend & they had a lot of zeds none that really stood out tbh

On the look out for another Zed Ian? ;)

Not quite ;)

I went down there to drive another car they have in stock :ninja:

There was so many things wrong with it, I don't know where to begin :blush:

The crash thing could well be true having seen the state of them. The car I looked at was a grade 3.5 & it was a total shed

Avoid them. Cars are ropey at best. I was down there last weekend & they had a lot of zeds none that really stood out tbh

Not quite ;)

The crash thing could well be true having seen the state of them. The car I looked at was a grade 3.5 & it was a total shed

That wouldn't have been a Skyline by any chance would it? :p

Not quite ;)

Was it yellow?

Not quite ;)

That wouldn't have been a Skyline by any chance would it? :p

Maybe :innocent:

Not the yellow one though ;)

They have been known to advertise cars as "in stock" when infact they are still in auction houses in Japan.

tbh, I dont think Ive heard a single good word said about them anywhere.

If you're gunna import, stick with the well known ones - JM-Imports, Torque GT, SVA, etc