show cage

Husky

from here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29822&start=15

a 'show cage' is pretty much exactly what it says, its basically a rear half roll cage, built from light metal to perform the function of looking like a roll cage, much cheaper and lighter than a real welded in cage

:thumbs: cheers mate

sorry to bring this point up again i dont mean any disrespect but if the show cage has no function then why fit it? surely you'd be aswell spending a tad more and fitting a real cage :blush:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

The Cusco bolt in (6 or 8 point) one is what I would consider a show cage, but that will at least help in an accident, if you fly off the road and flip onto your roof then you might be ok, however if you fly off a track and roll 10 times then you want something a bit more resilient :)

Also, need to be careful about driving, i put padding on mine which might not work for show etc but i wouldnt really want to drive it without a helmet, if you hit your head on the metal then you would bend first :)

if anyone wants info on the cage let me know.

PICT0316.jpg

was just an idea as my mates bought all the setup to make exhausts ect, he built a cage for his 205 mess-about/track car and a couple of people locally want show cages for their dubs, i was pondering the idea for the 350? lol but dont think ill bother now lol

was just an idea as my mates bought all the setup to make exhausts ect, he built a cage for his 205 mess-about/track car and a couple of people locally want show cages for their dubs, i was pondering the idea for the 350? lol but dont think ill bother now lol

I wouldn't. You've got a nice car, would be a shame to mess it up. :)

I used to know a guy with a mark 1 golf, He welded three bits of scaffold togther in an upside down U shape and just wedged it in the back of the mota. we all took the **** out of him for doing it but he loved it. buggered if I'd want to be in a crash in the thing with that flying about though!.

the only company i have seen that make cages for the 350 is cusco, do they make just a rear cage or is that pointless? i do the occasional track day but nothing that would warrant a full welded in cage as i also use my car daily and the would just be a pita

Better off to spend the money on a great suspension setup or something mate :)

I mean really, what is the f******* point. What a load of old s*****.

A really simple way to spoil a really nice coupe, and join the never ending growing group of losers in Saxo's that believe they are the next Colin McRae cruising the streets, only to be taken over and embarrassed by a BMW M-Sport Estate in Burgandy.

-each to their own I suppose. :snack:

I mean really, what is the f******* point. What a load of old s*****.

A really simple way to spoil a really nice coupe, and join the never ending growing group of losers in Saxo's that believe they are the next Colin McRae cruising the streets, only to be taken over and embarrassed by a BMW M-Sport Estate in Burgandy.

-each to their own I suppose. :snack:

subtle :lol: :lol:

Sorry dude. I just don't see the point, but for those who enjoy this sort of stuff, they can't be on their own or these things wouldn't get mass produced. I reckon when a car is safety tested/crashed, manufacturers anticipate a roll and take necessary precautions anyway, or all cars would come with a cage as standard.

Just my opinion, not out to upset anyone who likes these, or has one,or is getting one :thumbs:

Sorry dude. I just don't see the point, but for those who enjoy this sort of stuff, they can't be on their own or these things wouldn't get mass produced. I reckon when a car is safety tested/crashed, manufacturers anticipate a roll and take necessary precautions anyway, or all cars would come with a cage as standard.

Just my opinion, not out to upset anyone who likes these, or has one,or is getting one :thumbs:

sorry ill edit that, it was meant to have a laugh at the end as i was laughing. i agree :thumbs:

edited: as yet again i cant type :blush: