Joint National Meet (all Z's together) possibilty

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Too many cooks spoil the broth and think we should let them organise the 2007 event. Maybe they should organise it in private without people interfering and complicating things and then announce the plans in a few months when everything has been decided. If people don't like the sound of whatever they decide on, then don't come.

personally i don't agree, as if it's a joint meet, both parties should have a say. I guess we'll have time to discuss this, now ;)

When I said them I mean't Chesterfield and P15 who are representing both sides interests. We can relay our ides via chesterfield and P15 can do so with OC members :thumbs:

I'd much preffer to leave our side of the organisation to Val and or Jacko, as they have much more experience in organising meets. They will make a better job of it than me I'm sure.

Im much more comfortable doing the nerdy I.T. stuff on the site. LOL. :lol:

This is an interesting read. What amazes me is that you guys are prepared to consider a joint 350z-uk and OC meet, but the OC will not let you attend their National Meet in September....mmm

Kev.... you know exactly why the OC will not allow members of this site along to the National Meeting but just in case....

The OC National Meeting is for Owners Club Members Only

The reason is that the meeting is subsidised by the subscriptions paid by the members. I am not trying to seem aggressive here I am simply trying to clear up this point.

This is an interesting read. What amazes me is that you guys are prepared to consider a joint 350z-uk and OC meet, but the OC will not let you attend their National Meet in September....mmm

Kev.... you know exactly why the OC will not allow members of this site along to the National Meeting but just in case....

The OC National Meeting is for Owners Club Members Only

The reason is that the meeting is subsidised by the subscriptions paid by the members. I am not trying to seem aggressive here I am simply trying to clear up this point.

P15,

I think the majority have understood this stance now. The September meet is to be for OC members only as its being subsidised by paying members of that site. I can personally understand that.

The majority of people are keen on the idea of a National Zed meet that can be spanned by both sites in the interest of support and enjoyment of our cars. This is currently scheduled for May 2007 and is in early planning stage.

Let me say that I (amongst other people here) cannot access the OC so please be aware that to to ensure that we get as many people there as possible, then its probably best to post here as well. I will volunteer to do this if you want to keep me informed.

If you need ANY assistance in arranging the May 2007 meet then feel free to discuss with me about getting our members involved. I can assist you with arranging the meet (if you so want to) and just so that its clear, I am NEW to this forum (AND the car) and have no history that could be perceived as prejudicing any decisions. I am ONLY interested in getting the most out of the car and having as much fun based around it (with fellow Zed Heads).

For the members here, we will be trying to arrange other dates before the end of this year to enable those that want to meet up in numbers to do so.

If you want to discuss further then give me a shout mate, :thumbs:

Mark

EDITED: Its just been pointed out to me that I can register on the OC site and see the public forums :blush:

So as long the National Meet thread is in there, then I should be able to see it. P15 if you can confirm, would appreciate it.

Jacko, you truly are a diplomat, mate. I think you're the best person to take this on. :)

If I can do anything to assist (and this goes for you too Steve) just let me know. I can post at the OC if necessary.

Anyone can go over to the OC site and join up as a 'user'. The is totally free and there is no restriction on the user threads and forums. Please enjoy what you see. Clearly as it is a 'subscription based club' there are areas you cannot see and access. I think you will find mention of this meeting within the public area.

Guys, I have already e-mailed Duxford to try to gain information for their next car club based event which if 2006 was anything to go by wil be in May. One way or another you will be kept up to date.

That is it for now as I will return to the OC site as you would expect. Thank you.

Anyone can go over to the OC site and join up as a 'user'. The is totally free and there is no restriction on the user threads and forums. Please enjoy what you see. Clearly as it is a 'subscription based club' there are areas you cannot see and access. I think you will find mention of this meeting within the public area.

Guys, I have already e-mailed Duxford to try to gain information for their next car club based event which if 2006 was anything to go by wil be in May. One way or another you will be kept up to date.

That is it for now as I will return to the OC site as you would expect. Thank you.

Yes thanks P15, I've been made aware of this. I've joined up anyway and will try to get abreast of the National meet for next year.

As I said, my offer of assistance still stands......

Thanks for the update anyway,

Mark

Jacko, you truly are a diplomat, mate. I think you're the best person to take this on. :)

guess who put him forward for the job? ;)

so is this going to sleep until P15 hears news from this duxford place?

Having never organised anything like this I'm sure it takes plenty of time, give him a chance :thumbs:

If your eager for us all to get together, name a field, a date and I'm sure we'd get at least 10 zeds. It does'nt even really have to be a typical meet as such. We could find a go karting centre, razz the karts about for an hour or two, and then have a drive out to a pub in the country somewhere that could accomadate our lovely motors :thumbs: Or something like that.

The trouble is, you will never satisfy everybody :yawn:

Guest prescience

Well done mate :thumbs: but who knows, lets hope it doens't drift

sarnie I was just recapping btw :)

Dorian I meant put Jacko forward to organise this, not the Mod job :)

also, that's my concern too since it's so far away in time, hence why I wanted to get soemthing done in the next few months, let's hope we can sort it

Any chance for entertainment we can get people like Disgsy and Stephen G to do a slot.

I know at min we would need to cover their costs but I am willing to contribute to that.

Just throwing things out to see if they are go'ers, if not do not shoot me, as just trying to help.

Really would like a track driving experience if we could.

Steve

from experience (Italian National meet) one day dedicated to the "utilisation of the cars properly", as in track or similar is highly recommended, even for people who have never done such things (there were many in Italy) they all loved it, took it easy, and will do it again B)

Any chance for entertainment we can get people like Disgsy and Stephen G to do a slot.

I know at min we would need to cover their costs but I am willing to contribute to that.

Just throwing things out to see if they are go'ers, if not do not shoot me, as just trying to help.

Really would like a track driving experience if we could.

Steve

I'm up for that! :)

• 4 weeks later...

1: Chesterfield

2: Sarnie (If it dont rain )

3: lomoto (even if it rains )

4: Digsy (I've got a brolly! )

5: TheMinel

6: AndyC

7: Jacko

8: Liam

9: M13KYF

10: Patto

11: IT10 (I'm on the other site too, but this is a great idea)

12: Leebar

13: H5 (13's gotta be lucky the way week's gone!!) :D

Any update from P15 on this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any update from P15 on this?

Add me to the list.

cheers,

choptop :teeth: