Joint National Meet (all Z's together) possibilty

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: MY meet? chill pill is in order mate ;)

maybe JOINT is the key word here?

ie: both parties need to agree?

In fact not even that, MEMBERS need to voice what they want out of it so that a proper meet can be molded out of what members want, not just 1 or 2 people

my suggestion would be, once found date venue and activities as voted by members, to let it organise by 2 members who have got nothing to do with the 2 sites, although I find it difficult to see anyone coming forward tbh.

Appreciate other meets, but then again as P15 said, dates and locations won't be suitable for everyone, will they? so surely a starting point needs to be agreed somewhere

I say that we work towards a joint meet (including Z-Club) in May 2007 and, as that seems a way off and the OC are having their own in September, we arrange our own for before the end of the year. I may be missing something but that seems to keep everyone happy, give us somehing to aim for and collaborate on, and allow Val to bring some of his ideas to fruition sooner rather than later. :)

Now be kind to me...... :surrender:

Seems that we may have to go with that then Digsy. Its not a bad idea.

I agree, perhaps we do something ourselves before the end of the year then - but that will be in another topic, lets keep this one for the National meet.

Digsy I'm not interested to have MY ideas, they were just suggestions to make a weekend a bit more interesting instead of sitting in a field for 2 days or sitting in a field and go visit a war museum?

Hey, Val, I just meant that they were good suggestions - I think you may be taking my comments the wrong way. :(

Nah, i took a chill pill :)

Just felt you where being too adamant that it had to be this year, May next year isn't that far off!

Gives more time to plan some of the events for the weekend, like you've suggested.

Gaz

Just felt you where being too adamant that it had to be this year, May next year isn't that far off!

Gives more time to plan some of the events for the weekend, like you've suggested.

Gaz

Ok ok, we could go round in these circles forever guys. The bottom line is that it seems to late to have a joint meet this year, therefore we should aim for May 07 to have a super dooper mega meet that can be organised properly location and activity wise to allow it to be the Extravaganza it deserves to be.

I think Too many cooks spoil the broth and think we should let them organise the 2007 event. Maybe they should organise it in private without people interfering and complicating things and then announce the plans in a few months when everything has been decided. If people don't like the sound of whatever they decide on, then don't come.

Now, if people would like a meet this year then that is a whole different topic and is really confusing matters. There is no reason why we can't have a meet in 06 and invite anyone from the OC that would like to attend :surrender:

This is an interesting read. What amazes me is that you guys are prepared to consider a joint 350z-uk and OC meet, but the OC will not let you attend their National Meet in September....mmm

There's nothing worse than posting without reading the whole :angry:

I should know i do it all the timee :)

I suppose if any joint meet is set up for May 07, at least it gives everyone plenty of notice, and also allows us all to discuss & plan any activities that may be of ineterest to all those attending?

Go karting sounds like fun, maybe even such things like paintballing could be considered? I dont know - depends on what everyone is comfortable with, or indeed if anyone has any contacts or experiences of venues that may help out too?

Gaz

Ok ok, we could go round in these circles forever guys. The bottom line is that it seems to late to have a joint meet this year, therefore we should aim for May 07 to have a super dooper mega meet that can be organised properly location and activity wise to allow it to be the Extravaganza it deserves to be.

I think Too many cooks spoil the broth and think we should let them organise the 2007 event. Maybe they should organise it in private without people interfering and complicating things and then announce the plans in a few months when everything has been decided. If people don't like the sound of whatever they decide on, then don't come.

Now, if people would like a meet this year then that is a whole different topic and is really confusing matters. There is no reason why we can't have a meet in 06 and invite anyone from the OC that would like to attend :surrender:

Sarnie I agree with you :headhurt: 2007 for a coming together meet.. sometime this year for 350z-Uk meet with OC members free to join in :thumbs:

I still cant believe that first sentence :scare:

Sounds like a plan Tim, but I reckon we should keep this thread just for the joint meet - which is pencilled in for May next year. I reckon any other meets should be discussed in other threads in order to keep things tidy?

Sounds like a plan Tim, but I reckon we should keep this thread just for the joint meet - which is pencilled in for May next year. I reckon any other meets should be discussed in other threads in order to keep things tidy?

OK Chris :thumbs: you tidy the thread up ;)

Guest prescience

Congrats on your new role running the site - I had no idea :yahoo::lol:

Congrats on your new role running the site - I had no idea :yahoo::lol:

Whooopss :blush:

I'll get me coat :p

personally i don't agree, as if it's a joint meet, both parties should have a say. I guess we'll have time to discuss this, now ;)

Guest prescience

+1 The organisation needs to be co-ordinated sure, but with input from both sites - that can't be that difficult really, can it?