Jenson joins Mclaren

rich5259

I think Hamilton will always be the favorite in the garage unfortuantely as hes grown up with the team in one form or another and has a few years there under his belt. I hope Jenson doesnt get in a strop about it, but saying that they seem good mates. Hope it works for the both of them :thumbs:

Sounds good, but i'd also have liked to see Button stay at Brawn seeing as they helped him become world champion.

They didn't want him in the end, even for the same money as this year (£3m) once Mercedes took over...

Really no-one has confimed that. There is talk that it may have been one of the reasons but there is also the reason that Button too a huge pay cut last year and could not do the same again. £3m is taking the **** when you think Kimi gets £20M for sodding off to another sport

Sounds good, but i'd also have liked to see Button stay at Brawn seeing as they helped him become world champion.

They didn't want him in the end, even for the same money as this year (£3m) once Mercedes took over...

Really no-one has confimed that. There is talk that it may have been one of the reasons but there is also the reason that Button too a huge pay cut last year and could not do the same again. £3m is taking the **** when you think Kimi gets £20M for sodding off to another sport

...and the fact that Button would whip Heidfield's arse and they couln't have that in what is becoming the premier German team in F1 :dry:

can a spoiler really make that much difference that propelled button to win, or was it his superior driving skills? Sorry not to clued up on F1, but would a spoiler really give one car more of an advantage over another or are we talking mere milli seconds?

Ah the double diffuser argument.

Quite simply it was the best car for a long long time, and it wasn't just that - as other teams had it at first as well - it just Brawn's overall package was vastly superior.

can a spoiler really make that much difference that propelled button to win, or was it his superior driving skills? Sorry not to clued up on F1, but would a spoiler really give one car more of an advantage over another or are we talking mere milli seconds?

A short answer is yes and no Jay :lol: , but there were issues over the legality of the double diffuser at the start of the season that clearly gave some cars an advantage. At the start of this year a lot of new rule changes came into force regarding the cars and in my view and indeed its fact the Brawn was the best car by some way at the start of the season. They turned up in Australia when everyone else stopped at home and it remained that way until seven races past by. This is where the championship was won imo. When the others started to turn up and bring a decent car to the grid (especially Mclaren) then things were very different. Sure Brawn still won races with Rubens but from June Jenson never won another race infact if the championship had started at the German grand prix then the title would have gone to Hamilton. I think its well known i am not a JB fan but i really dont think he is a world class driver despite winning the title i just think he won it too far easily at the start when there was no competition. But when the other cars got competitive the season was effectively over but thats not his fault so fair enough. To be honest and i am posting this up to be shot at but i think Lewis will blow JB away at Mclaren next year. Jackie Stewart and John Watson also thinks that Jenson is making a big mistake by going to Mclaren too. I just dont think that JB is world class and up until this year we had seen no evidence that he may be :)

wow so it does make all the difference, i use to they they were just being anal when they get lug nuts that weigh next to nothing just for millisecond advantage. Almost like that post someone did a year a go where they claimed their car was faster than the average because they wax their car one way in straight lines and put passenger seat down so to make the car more aerodynamic :lol::lol::bangin:

wow so it does make all the difference, i use to they they were just being anal when they get lug nuts that weigh next to nothing just for millisecond advantage. Almost like that post someone did a year a go where they claimed their car was faster than the average because they wax their car one way in straight lines and put passenger seat down so to make the car more aerodynamic :lol::lol::bangin:

Saying that I'm sure F1 cars have a special coating to make them more slippery and it really does make them quicker! When you are talking hundreths or thousanths of a second, everything counts.