stanley

Hi everybody..just sold my mint sti wr1 on pistonheads and looking to buy another car yes a 350z to fit a twin turbo kit.. :teeth:

Can anybody tell me if i buy a import, can you buy the cd drive to change the sat nav to english..

Or is it more involved than that.. :doh:

Thanks

Hi and welcome. If you get an import that hasnt been converted just change out the unit. :)

The guy above has a pretty good solution on sale. ^^^^^

Hi in the process of making a deal between two 350`s..wonga is burning a hole in my pocket.. ones a import ones a uk.

Not really interested in aftermarket sat nav still would like to keep the original stereo..but just change the cd drive if possible.

How much would it cost to just change out the unit?..or would it cost bucks....

Search posts by Nurrish, his solution is great.

It fits into the original screen cubby and the original stereo stays in place. :thumbs:

Saw the one in for sale section..but not to keen on the fm transmitter..cant you just get a uk cd drive to swap for the jap one...???

If you really want a birdview I have a dvd drive and a full system for sale. Have a read about the birdview and let me know. The dvd drive doesnt have a disk though but the full system does, Just pm me if you are interested. :)

Also i belive the 350 is chain driven (cambelt) when should it be changed..??

Hi mate and welcome to the site.... :thumbs:

As far as I understand chains are meant for life unless theres a problem. They become noisy when faulty but this is very uncommon from what I have read. I also beleive they use the oil from the sump to keep lubed up...So just keep an eye on the oil level and you should be fine... :p

Alexz