Nismo Kit Quote

ug45cwb

Been quoted £620+vat to fit full nismo kit and fix a couple of scrapes, which seems pretty standard. But the guy says he only wants the work if its a proper nismo kit, as the copies are a terrible fit and impossible to make look good. Is this right?

Cheers,

Chris

The genuine NISMO stuff fits like a glove - you can slide it on and with no fixings it stays there. That's the difference. Non genuine will mean some sacrifice in quality - Shine ones seem to be the best of the copies.

Been quoted £620+vat to fit full nismo kit and fix a couple of scrapes, which seems pretty standard. But the guy says he only wants the work if its a proper nismo kit, as the copies are a terrible fit and impossible to make look good. Is this right?

Cheers,

Chris

Where are you based? Sounds about right but differs in different parts of the country.

And yes he is almost right... As clarkie says Shine are pretty good... And as Rob says, Nismo ones are spot on :) Other copies have been known to fit like a dogs dinner and take loads of work to get right.. Thats why he has given you a price but it based on an easy fit!

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to order the nismo kit but the guy at envy said 8 weeks delivery and recommended the shine auto to me instead. Dunno what to do now :headhurt: Maybe just wait for a nice car with the kit already installed to come up for sale. Seems to be much more hassle than I was expecting getting one fitted yourself.

There has been a massive thread regarding genuine and replica on here recently. I haven't experienced it first hand but some genuines can be a pig and will also need some manipulation to fit. I have just had a full Veilside V3 replica fitted and its fine. There are some bits that aren't ideal (i.e. Skirts aren't ideal in the doors but can't tell from the outside) but then again I know someone who has had problems with the same genuine skirts. Same boots and bonnets, seen genuine ones that don't quiet line up. All down to personal choice and if you go down replica route then make sure you use a tried and tested replica.

mines a copy, the front and rear spats were no problem, but the sides needed some manipulation, but nothing the body shop couldn't sirt. and same as bladesgrant not 100% perfect, but not noticaqble with the door closed. also now its been on a while its actully bedded down well, and its even less noticable.

oh mines a nismo copy as well.

Tried to order the nismo kit but the guy at envy said 8 weeks delivery and recommended the shine auto to me instead. Dunno what to do now :headhurt: Maybe just wait for a nice car with the kit already installed to come up for sale. Seems to be much more hassle than I was expecting getting one fitted yourself.

I've ordered a Shine kit from Envy as they seemed to be the best of the replicas. That said they are a little over hyped and won't necessarily be a 100% fit. I know that the Nismo side skirts don't meet the door sill properly (i.e. you have to open the door to see it) but due to the flexible hybrid FRP nature of Shine parts a decent bodyshop can heat it up and bend it so it fits properly. Clarkie34 on this forum had this probabem but his bodyshop managed to get them to fit properly.

Also some people on My350z.com have said their Shine kit needed quite a lot of prep work to get a decent finish. Whether they are just being tightwads or perfectionists I don't know as others have had no such problems. It could just be their bodyshops have been looking for an excuse to up the cost of the job.

One thing to bear in mind with the Shine copies is that due to their flexibility they are much less likely to crack when you accidently catch the kit on a curb or speed bump. Plenty of people have managed to crack their genuine Nismo kits like this as they are made of the traditional rigid FRP.

With regard to the delivery times I would expect the Shine kit to take just as long, if not longer, unless Envy have them in stock ready to go. I ordered my Shine kit over three months ago and there's still no sign of it. :(

Hi Matt,

Sorry you're order is taking so long, we have nearly every other Shine item in stock its just sods law were missing a part for your kit.

We were in touch with them again last night to get this resolved as fast as possible.

Best Regards,

Gaz

No worries Gaz, all part of the fun of modifying! :lol: