Loopy Honda s2000 driver

bernmc

I have a great drive to and from work - 20 miles of windy country roads each way... best part of my day :bounce:

Took the Z today - wife was concerned that the clutch seemed to be sticking (didn't have any problems so not sure what that's about). Anyway, came up behind an S2000 on the way back. Now these are quick cars, particularly through the twisty bits. Any half decent driver should be able to make mincemeat of a set of country roads.

I'm not aggressive towards other people on the road - I don't drive up people's bums trying to egg them on or anything like that - I like to sit back a resonable distance and have a play if the other guy/gal's up for it. So no pushing, weaving or similar lunacy.

Pottered behind a van for a couple of miles when the honda driver decided it was time to go for it. I followed - felt we were doing moderate speeds - nothing like what I'd normally do in the VR4 as I'm not used to the Z yet.

But the S2000 driver must have been near his limit... started using all of the road - even around blind bends. Why do people feel the need to do this on public roads? I was sitting a good 5 car lengths back, keeping in my lane, and keeping up with him easily. In fact, I started hanging further and further back when I saw the way he was driving.

The inevitable happened - on one of his jaunts across into the oncoming lane around a bend, a car popped out of a side road and turned towards him :scare::scare::surrender:

Oh f*** I thought... now there's going to be trouble.. he slammed on his anchors - snaking and fishtailing all over the place towards the curb, huge cloud of dust billowed up, and something silver came flying out and into the bushes.

Thank goodness I'd allowed a safe distance to build up - I had plenty of time to slow and watch the action.

I thought he was a gonner for sure, but the lucky sod must have a guardian angel :yahoo: - he'd just clipped the curb, raised up a cloud of dust, and kicked up an empty plastic bottle! Poor driver in the other car was a bit pale!

Stupid bugger didn't slow down though - just kept hammering it until lorries stopped play - fortunately only about a 100m on! You'd think he'd have got the message.

The thing that amazed me was that I didn't feel we were going that fast, so to get into that kind of trouble, he must be one lousy driver! I've been driving without ESP, so have been tiptoeing fairly gingerly - the Z's fat back end is not afraid to bite - so I genuinely was being conservative. Throughout it all, there was never a moment where I felt the Z was getting a bit lairy, or I was pushing things a bit.

Stupid 4rse! :thumbdown:

What a coinicidence... driving to work this morning, and who should pop up in front of me (cue jaws music :scare: )........

I was in the VR4 this time, and in no mood to mess about. Greasy wet roads, so I just overtook him and disappeared :yawn: mmff!

Plenty of arseole drivers around.

Last night I was driving home from work in the Clio doing around 85 as motorway was quiet and remember overtaking another Clio as it was same reg as mine but base campus model and not sport.

A few miles along the road and we hit roadworks which were a 40 limit zone. I slowed down to just under 50 as it was just a contraflow maintaining 2 lanes in the lead up to roadworks after my junction and no workmen.

I saw this other Clio flying along the 2nd lane doing at least 75mph. I then saw the car in front of me getting it very wrong and instead of following the new lines into the new 1st lane, he straddled both and the Clio slammed on the brakes, waved the back end a little and was lucky not to hit anything and had the cheek to blast his horn at the car in front. Ok the car in front was wrong but they were not the ones flying through roadworks well over the limit.

I then boxed the driver in behind the car he nearly hit until I left the motorway to let him settle down :D

Had a little blurt with a S2K myself the other day. I’d just left a small country garage and was heading down the lane to join the motorway. I passed an old Fiesta about half way down and checked my mirror as I pulled back in; it was the only car in sight. At the bottom of the lane there was a sharp RH bend onto the slip road. I started to speed up and had just joined the motorway in the centre lane when I noticed this black sports car in my mirror. He must have seen me on the lane and charged down as fast as he could to catch up. He was tearing up the slip road and appeared to be hell bent on passing me.He pulled straight out into the fast lane and began to overtake.

Well I’m getting on a bit now and don’t take the bait to easily these days, but it was just the idea that he thought he could demolish tmy little mean machine so easily :rant: . So I decided to go for it. The road was clear so I let rip down the centre lane and to my amazement, left him for dead. I thought these cars were fast. He obviously knew I had the beating of him and pulled back in behind me. By this time I must have been doing at least 69mph, so slowed down :teeth: . He then made another charge, so again I gave it stick and again he couldn’t do it :teeth: . We were coming up to traffic so I decided I’d had my fun and pulled into the inside lane. He followed for a while then came past at respectful speed and waved. I felt like such a prat after and vowed never to react like that again :blush: .

Sad old Bastâ€â€d.

I had a look at S2000's amongst others when choosing the Z, they're really nice cars, feel well built etc, until I had driven the Z it was probably the fastest non-turbo (STI/EVO etc) car that I had driven. Felt wicked taking it up to 9/10k revs or whatever it is, but the Z is just some much more powerful at lower revs, obviously we all know the bhp/lbt figures but on the road the Z is in another league!

The road was clear so I let rip down the centre lane and to my amazement, left him for dead. I thought these cars were fast. /quote]

having just come from an s2000 i find it hard to believe you would have "left him for dead". :dry:

A good driver in a s2000 would have no problem keeping up with a z.

The s2000 has a better power to weight ratio to and the 0-60 times are similar. I agree you would beat it off the mark due to the instant torque power of the z but there isnt much in it with the 0-60 or 0-100 times so left him for dead i doubt it. Unless the guy was scared of the VTEC :teeth:

Still prefer the z by far though guys :yahoo:

The road was clear so I let rip down the centre lane and to my amazement, left him for dead. I thought these cars were fast. /quote]

having just come from an s2000 i find it hard to believe you would have "left him for dead". :dry:

A good driver in a s2000 would have no problem keeping up with a z.

The s2000 has a better power to weight ratio to and the 0-60 times are similar. I agree you would beat it off the mark due to the instant torque power of the z but there isnt much in it with the 0-60 or 0-100 times so left him for dead i doubt it. Unless the guy was scared of the VTEC :teeth:

Still prefer the z by far though guys :yahoo:

Its easy to burn some one off if you catch them off guard, drop down a gear or two and leave them for dead. Its very hard to compare the merits of cars with massive variables such as drivers ability, conditions, traffic and drivers bravado.

The only true comparison would be on a track with drivers of equal ability. I left a 911 Turbo for dead the other day but was he really trying? :wacko:

Not much in it for the Zed and S2000, having had both I would say that the Zed is a bit quicker. The torque makes it so much more effortless than the high revving S2K.

Loved my old S2000, great car in its day.

Better screwed together than the Zed, but I know which I would choose.

That driver sounds like an utter Penisarus. Some **** was the same in a new Porker 4S with me. You'd have thought after the 5th lashing he would have given up......but nope.

Probably still at the dealers saying that his car is knackered as he got done by a Nissan 350Z.

Makes it all worthwhile.:teeth:

Not much in it for the Zed and S2000, having had both I would say that the Zed is a bit quicker. The torque makes it so much more effortless than the high revving S2K.

Loved my old S2000, great car in its day.

Better screwed together than the Zed, but I know which I would choose.

That driver sounds like an utter Penisarus. Some **** was the same in a new Porker 4S with me. You'd have thought after the 5th lashing he would have given up......but nope.

Probably still at the dealers saying that his car is knackered as he got done by a Nissan 350Z.

Makes it all worthwhile.:teeth:

Obviously didn't bargain on 400+ BHP :scare:

a Clio sport driver yesterday passed me.... single lane, concrete pedestrian island between the 2 lanes, what does he do? of course he goes on the other side of the road between the concrete island, mad bastard :rolleyes: (PS I wasn't even trying, was just queueing behind a van...)