A little trip to Abbey... Update P3

3FIDDYZ

So my little Zed went for a little trip to see Mark, Tony, Sarah and Scott and the crew at Abbey Motorsport so I thought I would do a little write up on my trip for those that haven't been!

For a start, what a great bunch of people. Friendly, great banter, helpful and with the patience of a saint to put up with me for fair amount of time asking questions and generally getting under peoples feet ;)

The next thing is the premises with all the necessary equipment including most importantly for us Nissan Consult so all types of servicing and routine maintenance can be done on our beloved cars. Comfortable sales office to sit around in with a couple of friendly dogs to pat! Just watch out for beetle and his little problem. Courtesy cars are available too.

Beetle is on the right!

DSC05143.jpg

Workshops are very tidy and the guys there professional, polite and informative. 3 ramps, engine build room and loads of other fabrication tools. The only thing they need to do is move this old banger out of the way to get to one of the ramps..

DSC05130.jpg

DSC05132.jpg

DSC05133.jpg

DSC05128.jpg

So, on to the room where Mark the magician plys his trade..

DSC05178.jpg

A well laid out dynapack hub dyno room, again clean and tidy and with lots of gadgets and gizmos.. Most importantly the Osiris Uprev machine...

Mark at Work

DSC05190.jpg

Hub Dyno

DSC05160.jpg

I would highly recommend going to Abbey for any work on the Zed, easy access from the M25, full facilities, professional, knowledgeable and friendly.

Mark et all, thanks again for all your help and assistance :)

Oh and the drive home?

:drive1

OK so a few graphs from me.... :)

Mine v the benchmark stock 350z!

StockvUprev.jpg

Mine with a little niggle before starting the tuning

UnichipvUprev.jpg

Mine niggle sorted and then tuned

UnichipsortedvUprev.jpg

Final CAT's v Decats... Which is where its at now.

Uprev-Catsvnocats.jpg

Mods are, Popcharger, TB spacer, Plenum Spacer, fujitsubo headers, DC Decats, 5zigen y-pipe (for now), Amuse Titanium Exhaust

Figs are at hub (270hp 250 torque) so with a rough 12 to 15% Drive train loss... 310bhp :)

I would prefer to just add 35bhp to the hub BHP figure than add a % Mark.

But even if we quote it at 305 bhp it is a good gain from a STD car as in the 1st graph ( the GREEN plot is a totally stock motor not even had the Uprev reflash)

305 is fine by me!

Noticed a big difference in throttle responce... hopped it like a learner driver out of your place! And took a 15 mile detour home.. made sure I went on the motorway and a few dual carridgeways to get a good feel. Shame it was a bit damp underfoot.

Defo felt things on the butt dyno! noticable difference in torque in 3rd and 4th from 3500, you get a decent kick out of it now!..

Will be doing a few miles on Sunday to the AGM so will give some more feedback then!

Also for those thinking about decat... even though tuned with a remap, after the decats were fitted there was a big drop in torque.. esp low down, without a tune decats and other free flow exhaust mods could well loose power, as you can see, tuned, there just fine!

Good work. :thumbs:

Time for a more freeflowing Y-pipe then? I was amazed when Ad showed me his 5Zigen, it looked smaller than stock! :lol: Nismo and buddy club are far larger ;)

He must have a different y-pipe as its about 2.5 off the cats and goes to 3" on to the zorst! Exhaust is pretty evenly matched from the exhaust manifolds out to the exhaust tips.

I would like to see what AdrianK would get on the rollers, he has a 3" larger exhaust/y pipe, for gotten the name.

Buddyclub... His y-pipe will be roughly 2.5 off the cats to 3 out to the mid too... most if not all cats come off at 2.5...

Am running a full 3" y back now, just not unsilenced the mid pipe.... yet!

Good to meet you the other day mate.

Cars looks great and sounds good in the dyno room ;) Now buy those stop techs!!!! :D

If your lucky i can roll your arches for you too. :yahoo:

Lol!! Hi Jamie! Good to put a face to a forum chat! Stoptechs are on the very long list!!! But after trying them they have moved up fair few places!

If I am ever looking for a master arch roller I will be hunting you down mate! Get home OK?

Its a shame I won't have any figures to compare with you this week :( So it seems you win round 1 ;) You might not win round 2 if all goes well at the weekend :ninja:

:( i was looking forward to that... its a hollow victory... Looking forward to see what your gonna do next, but throttle in a bottle is cheating!!