My magical M56 journey home

stanski

:bang: slow journey then Stan?

Aye viks - this is just the beginning - I get 3 months of this cr** from now on soon as the clocks go back and then it Panto season in Mank and people suddenly forget how to drive in the dark and god help us when it rains!

My best time was 6 hours to travel 65 miles! I love it ......not :thumbdown:

i feel for you mate, i swapped jobs about 18 months ago to avoid crap like that.

used to do 500 miles a week traveling from ipswich to chelmsford. about 50 miles each way. had several sessions where the trip took me up to 4 hours. the A12 is a muppet road where people like to crash as rush hour for fun. i even got rear ended in a car smash on the a12 where i stopped and 6 other cars decided to inspect the inside of my boot. that was the last straw for me.

i was lucky, my new school happens to be 4 miles away. my daily commute is 8 miles instead of 100 miles. it takes 10 minutes, i get a lie in, and i no longer mind staying late as i live round the corner

:)

i had several other interviews around the county, but it was luck that landed me this one. and it happens to be one of the top schools in the county and also in the UK

i was lucky, my new school happens to be 4 miles away. my daily commute is 8 miles instead of 100 miles. it takes 10 minutes, i get a lie in, and i no longer mind staying late as i live round the corner

:)

i had several other interviews around the county, but it was luck that landed me this one. and it happens to be one of the top schools in the county and also in the UK

Sounds like you landed on your feet then!

I was lucky for years used to just work up the road from home and similar situation but times have changed and not for the best... oh well something will turn up I am sure just need to wait :)

good luck

and just to say,

i feel your pain ;)

Thanks mate -

well I average 33K miles a year , I am on my 4th car in as many years and now you know why I want a wafting Chrysler 300C :scare::surrender:

I can also map every square inch of the M56 and probably drive it blind folded! :lol:

Sack that!

I drive 16 miles each way to the office and it takes me less than 20 mins in the landie at any time of day. Unless I get stuck behind a tractor! 9 mins if I take my motorbike :blush:

My workmate goes 55 miles each way it takes him less than an hour!

These congested Aberdeenshire roads are hell! :lol::lol:

Sack that!

I drive 16 miles each way to the office and it takes me less than 20 mins in the landie at any time of day. Unless I get stuck behind a tractor! 9 mins if I take my motorbike :blush:

My workmate goes 55 miles each way it takes him less than an hour!

These congested Aberdeenshire roads are hell! :lol::lol:

Well spotted Louis :lol:

Allessandro I have 29miles left before the fumes run out (got me to work though) Those frugal 313 engines are the dogs ! :clap:

Stew I really dont know how you can handle that kind of traffic up there - makes mine look like nothing really! :blackeye:

Some nice red skies this morning - if I only had my camera fitted to the car for some arty pics! :doh: