Tonight's tea

zedwagon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fave pasta lucy which is for two people........

1 big chicken breast

pancetta or smoked bacon bits

1 small onion

garlic

a few mushrooms if you like them

tin of chopped tomatoes

small tub of single cream or creme fraiche (i use half fat)

Penne pasta or whatever you like

chop up onion, garlic, mushrooms and chicken quite small. Bung it all in a big frying pan pre-heated wtih a little olive oil (with the bacon) and cook it more or less through. When your chicken is more or less cooked add the tomatoes and simmer with a lid on for about 15 mins. Chuck your cream in (not all if its too runny) near the end of the cooking, cook pasta. Hey presto. Yum Yum.

TBH you can chop and change the ingredients on this and its so quick.

1 big chicken breast

1 small onion

garlic

tin of chopped tomatoes

chop up onion, garlic, mushrooms and chicken quite small. Bung it all in a big frying pan pre-heated wtih a little olive oil (with the bacon) and cook it more or less through. When your chicken is more or less cooked add the tomatoes and simmer with a lid on for about 15 mins. Chuck your cream in (not all if its too runny) near the end of the cooking, cook pasta. Hey presto. Yum Yum.

sounds good aswell! thanks

modified macaroni cheese is awesome too!

Make a really cheesy sauce and some pasta. Mix them together with some bits of cooked bacon. Top with a mix of cheese and crushed ready salted crisps and pop in the oven until the top is golden.

Crunchy topping and yummy! :thumbs:

modified macaroni cheese is awesome too!

Make a really cheesy sauce and some pasta. Mix them together with some bits of cooked bacon. Top with a mix of cheese and crushed ready salted crisps and pop in the oven until the top is golden.

Crunchy topping and yummy! :thumbs:

Macaroni crisps Stew - sounds interesting?? You dont see that on these cooking TV programmes! :D

1 big chicken breast

1 small onion

garlic

tin of chopped tomatoes

+1 :clap::bounce: I made this the other night with Nixy's MSN guidance :lol:

Was Good! :snack:

i tend to live on roasted vegetables as well! courgettes, peppers, red onion, sweet potato..........with fish usually.

i like that aswell - bit of fish (mackerel is good) and roast sweet potato/beetroot/celeriac with olive oil and rosemary on. sometimes used to make crisps out of them aswell, but it was a fine line between crispy crisps and burnt frazzels!

stew - may well have to try the modded macaroni cheese with crisps ! :lol:

Tonight is a special night - the parents are coming over to discuss funding for the wedding next year and which family members to invite. We'll be having chicken wrapped in bacon with melted cheese on top. Its my job to buy the bacon and cheese on the way home.

Desert will be Banana split and for me and the old man, cheese and biscuits and red wine.

(we don't normally eat normal food like this, its frozen pizzas or microwave meals)

Ruined by the confession at the end! haha.

I do something similar actually. Chicken breast, blob of red pesto on the top, lump of mozzarella on top of that, wrap in bacon or preferably pancetta, bake in oven so all the mozzarella goes goey and the bacon crisps. Yum yum.

lamb chops you could do with tandoori paste?

Mince - I love Mousakka! and when you do the cheese sauce on the top of anything like that - mousakka, lasagne etc, beat an egg in first and it rises up and goes all fluffy like souffle.

Ruined by the confession at the end! haha.

I do something similar actually. Chicken breast, blob of red pesto on the top, lump of mozzarella on top of that, wrap in bacon or preferably pancetta, bake in oven so all the mozzarella goes goey and the bacon crisps. Yum yum.

It has to be flashed first in the frying pan to be 20 times tastier when it comes out the oven!