LED Tv help

Zedrush

Hi guys am moving to my new abode and looking at buying another tv for the spare room but has to be 46" as its the only one that I can fit in the area provided.

Looking at Plasma LCD and LED and seems like LED might be the way forward.

So...

Cant decide between the Samsung 46" 7 Series or Samsung 46" 8 Series. Anyone know the difference between the two apart from price is picture quality different?

Anyone know if LED is not as good as plasma or LCD? Never had LED before :blush:

Owned a fair few LCD's and Plasmas over the last few years and I must say the new ultra thin LCD's looked amazing... Not a bad price either but its a bit of an early adoption thing, they havnt been out for long enough...

Like with anything though these day, its about what you put into them ie Sky HD or Blue Ray..

For me now I wouldnt touch a "TV" I would just go for a monitor, no tuner, audio etc etc gubins inside just pure video.... much cheaper and a much better quality picture. Currently running an old 42" panasonic 1080p with a HDMI connection and I cant tell any difference between that and the pioneer kuros or the LCD running blue ray... And whats more... £200ish off ebay!!

M

If you can get yourself to the national home building show or something similar then you may be able to pick up a bargain from Samsung themselves.

I was at the Grand Designs show a couple of weeks ago and the Samsung stand was selling these 46" series 7 displays at under a grand :scare: I didnt find out until I got home how much they were retail. I just assumed that as per usual all this "show special" pricing was the normal boll*cks and that a cheaper price would be found on the net. I was very much wrong.

Lots to read up on the interweb tbh. I had the exact same choice to make and asked some TV expert freinds, i was told to go for a top qualtiy LCD as the LED tech is so new, as fiddy says.

personally I opted for the top end panasonic LCD in 42", its muchos good :teeth:

pmsl :lol:

MSN... oh dear zedrush, you can flush the toilet and work the iron cant you??

Promised Nixy Id work on getting that set up today but I seem to have a mental block when it comes to msn :blush::lol:

i'll walk you through it on msn if you want ;)

:lol:

can msn be used on a blackberry?

So is LED not worth getting over plasma and lcd?

Yep, can be used on BB...

Mate, that decision is yours... if I had oddles of wedge then I would have a ultra flat LED in every room cause they look fricken cool!

The other question is, do you have Sky HD, Surround Sound, Blue Ray etc etc? If so sod the ones that come with all the extra bits in as you all ready have them and get a 50" monitor! Also you need to remember the location of the TV.. As you see through the bottom 1/2 of your eye, you dont want it too high.. (thats why old tellys come on low stands!)

I know samsung sorta kicked off the whole led tvs but I remember reading somwhere that the samsung ones are not full led on the screen whereas some other makes are, not really up to spec on tellys but it's something you might want to look at.

Sammy are just scamming the market with the whole LED TV - er its an LCD. Since when did they sell LCD TVs as "CCFL TV"

The fact is they are trying to pass some time as the next phase of TVs has not come round as quick as they hoped. There are no real LED TVs around at the moment - the OLED are still in prototype/promo versions at the mo.

Sorry mate but got to do it too you....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=difference+between ... es+7+and+8

:lol::lol: been through all that bud but all the tech terms dont make sense to a mere mortal like me :blush:

Edit* actually there is some useful info on link you provided, my bad :blush::lol: most the links i went to are really technical but one link actually goes into detail for thickos like me

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1057385

Yes 7/8 will both be good enough for you. Above the series 6 its just then small features to try and make the picture that little bit better. The jump to LED backlight being one major change

sorry mate so series 8 has LED backlight and series 7 doesnt? am confused