2356% APR!!! WTF!

stanski

Its because the borrowed amounts will usually be quite low but their fee's are extortionate......its the modern day door-to-door loan shark.....

exactly - I could'nt believe my eyes when I saw it!

Funny how the sharks have jumped on the telly with the perceived easy option for people struggling to pay their bills, on top of all the gold sharks and mobile phone sharks!

Good grief but worst of all is Gavin from that fe*** windscreen screen repair company - oooh if you dont fix this little crack in your windscreen your car will explode !!

(sorry Ranting now - I hate people being scared into buying something!) :bang:

These things are for people who cannot put £500 on a credit card or use an overdraft. They will have adverse credit, low income and have no other option than to borrow from people like this; borrow at this rate or don't borrow at all etc etc..

From bad to worse .......

Exactly, and thats what they prey on. Its like the old Provident people who would do door step loans; borrow £50 and pay back £2 a week for 100 weeks, people were too dim to realise just how much they were paying back and thought just £2 a week was good :surrender:

But honestly, I've seen actual loansharks of the shady chinese community in action and it's bad...

Say a hard gambling cook at a restaurant goes off to play mahjong in a gambling parlour in chinatown, then gets tapped out of his own money, he then wants to "borrow" some, hoping to win his own money back.

Shark will oblige, usually a minimum of £5K, and the term usually runs for 12 months.

The Pay-Off works like this:

The cook will pay back anything between 2% - 5% of the total loan amount every week as interest and at the end of the year the original £5K on top too.

And if the gambling urge still has a hold, then there will be other loans and as a result, you get some restaurants suddenly changing names and stuff...or cooks/waiters/etc. just disappear.

so what they say is, if your credit is bad and cant repay us then we'll charge you more interest and get you further into debt!!!!!!!

borrow £50 and then pay back £65 a month later!! holy cow!!

this is what crashes the economy!!

some people dont have anybody else to turn to and these people prey on that!! these sort of things used to be run by low brow gangsters with loads of gold threatening to break yours legs if you dont pay.

now they are run by Guy Smiley, with charm and a tie. but still have the heavies wait in the back.

Absolutely shocking!!!!!

I blame the "must have" mentality of some folk that bow down to debt and don't care how bad it gets, until they are thoroughly in the proverbial.

If you can't afford it, then just don't buy it.

It's like when I saw the program on telly called "The Bank Of Mum & Dad", I could have cringed when I saw how bad some kids were in debt.

Mostly because it's so easy to get a credit card or borrow money when banks see that you have enough lifespan left to pay it back.

The Pay-Off works like this:

The cook will pay back anything between 2% - 5% of the total loan amount every week as interest and at the end of the year the original £5K on top too.

And if the gambling urge still has a hold, then there will be other loans and as a result, you get some restaurants suddenly changing names and stuff...or cooks/waiters/etc. just disappear.

:scare:

Well if they dont pay up - I am sure Tarmac will have means of ahem hiding them in the foundations of the next road he is working on or infact to help shire up that new concrete bridge on the bypass! :lol:;)

That Bank of mum and dad is really bad - but it tended to show spoilt brats who must have the latest toys like Iphones (ahem :blush: ) etc etc etc or spend £100 on drinks when they go out etc etc! whats wrong with Meths - damn it man there are always choices! :lol:

on the up side tho!!

i saw on the news a few years ago a old man who applied some financial help through a local scheme (run by the Govt)

he later kept getting loads and loads of CC applications, this man had no family and lived in a council house, he called up the companies asking to get his name of the mailing list but they kept coming.

a few months later after still receiving all the Applications he had a stroke and was found to have a terminal illness that would kill him in a few months. when he got back home to collect his belongings he found over a dozen CC applications. he thought sod it and applied to them all and he got loads of them back and then went on a spending spree!!!

he asked to go to iceland once a week and bought the old dears loads of shopping saying it was all for free!!

and he also took the home that he was staying in, on a massive day out (that he paid for)

all of his carers thought that he had loads of money saved away and was just spending it because he couldnt take it with him.

when they were asked by the reporter they said he bought loads of stuff for the residents of the home and he was a lovely bloke,

apparently he lasted for 4 months and he racked up an estimated £35k over all of the CC.

the debt died along with him.

I blame the "must have" mentality of some folk that bow down to debt and don't care how bad it gets, until they are thoroughly in the proverbial.

If you can't afford it, then just don't buy it.

It's like when I saw the program on telly called "The Bank Of Mum & Dad", I could have cringed when I saw how bad some kids were in debt.

Mostly because it's so easy to get a credit card or borrow money when banks see that you have enough lifespan left to pay it back.

Your missing the point. These loans are not usually for a pair of Moschino jeans or Evisu handbags, they are usually taken out to be able to put food on the table, buy your kid the bike they want for xmas or to pay the rent or face eviction!