Need help with detail !!!

player2301

Me and my friend mopped the z last week and gave it a good wax and polish and it looked mint (take a look at the thread in Media) until i washed it this week and you can see swirl marks and like a ghosting all over the car !!!

Is there anyone local to me that wants to help me out ? ?

or can point me in the right direction

im gutted :scare:

cheers lads i live in walsall near birmingham

Are they swirl marks in the paint or swirl marks like you have used a greasy rag? And is the ghosting like a milky white?

As above have said, depends on what you used for washing and drying and also what products... sounds like you used a cloth that had something in it...

What products did you use ?

I do mine all the time and don't get swirls

When you apply the wax you should do it in square lines not circular, that can be a common error !

But then do you end up with lines/scratches instead of swirls :wacko: i have lots of swirls on mine but only really notices at night.

In the thread you posted,i think you mentioned using a machine i may be wrong.

The ghosting sounds like buffer trails or holograming.You need to back over it with a less aggressive pad and polish to refine the paint.Also take more time on each part to avoid the trails.

The ghosting sounds like buffer trails or holograming.You need to back over it with a less aggressive pad and polish to refine the paint.Also take more time on each part to avoid the trails.

That sounds like the case to me!

What kind of mop was used? A wool one or a foam one?

Had a read of this thread and looked at the pics in media..looks good.

it doesnt say what you used to "mop" the car? What polish/pads did you use.

A ghosty/cloudy/hologram look is incorrect polishing generally.

To remove this, as already stated you need to re-polish with a less agressive pad and polish combo very gently (not easy with soft paint).

Best wishes

Tim

What products did you use ?

I do mine all the time and don't get swirls

When you apply the wax you should do it in square lines not circular, that can be a common error !

But then do you end up with lines/scratches instead of swirls :wacko: i have lots of swirls on mine but only really notices at night.

I guess its possible :shrug: ...... Also I think its more noticeable on different colour paintwork.

If im waxing I do the car first with Swissvax cleaner fluid and then use a Swissvax applicator pad 'its essential that the applicator pad,the wax and the car is clean and free from foriegn objects otherwise you can get problems' then I apply the wax in straight lines not swirly lines, then I buff off.

Ive always done it that way and never had any problems..... Obviously Tim 'E.V.' can tell you better than me as he does the job for a living.

:thumbs:

^Ah I'm being put on the spot LOL :headhurt:

Swissvax/Zymol and Dodo Juice all recommend application of cleaner fluids in straight lines i.e your "square" method at a guess.

Waxing they say small circles if by foam pad, and "all over the place" (my description) if melting and applying via palms of your hands!

Best wishes

Tim