Paint advice for my spoiler

rtbiscuit

Which black for the spoiler fin and handles?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which black for the spoiler fin and handles?

• Satin black to match the wheels
    • Gloss black
    • something else

Ok this is an odd one, i know what i want to do but need assistance in colouring it.

i have a Nismo style V2 Spoiler on its way to go on to my silver Car, i don't want to do the whole spoiler in silver as i think its too much, so the plan is to do the blade and the end pieces in Black.

my issue is which black. (i'll also do my door handles in the same shade.)

to help i'm due to try and refurb my wheels soon in Satin black, originally i was going to do a red lip, but have decided to save money and go plain satin black.

should i do the spoiler and handles in the same satin black as the wheels or should i use a gloss black instead, or would this contrast to much against the wheels.

i originally wanted the V2 with a carbon blade, but my wallet wasn't up for that kind of a beating peoples opinions are more than welcome. i must admit, looking at other cars with a carbon fin etc, you can't tell untill your close that its actually carbon.

i have some carbon fibre and that was originally the idea but i can't be arsed with the cost and hassle.

i think satin black is the way forward.

I reckon it will look B)

Can't wait to see the pics.... being totally honest tho ive seen a few red lined wheels lately and they look cool.

I think you should save up a little and go for that too :thumbs:

its partly the time issue as well being with out the car for 3 days, or trying to organise and trnasport 4 wheels and tyres to put on temporarily.

i just want in and out in a day.

and i can always have the red lip added later. only problem is i can't get in to wheel genie for a days work as they are booked up, they can do a 2 day job. but i'd need to a lift there and back etc.

for now the money from the wheels is being used in the spoiler. wheels for now will be satin black only.

its partly the time issue as well being with out the car for 3 days, or trying to organise and trnasport 4 wheels and tyres to put on temporarily.

i just want in and out in a day.

and i can always have the red lip added later. only problem is i can't get in to wheel genie for a days work as they are booked up, they can do a 2 day job. but i'd need to a lift there and back etc.

for now the money from the wheels is being used in the spoiler. wheels for now will be satin black only.

Pah

Its half term soon, you can labour for me, ive got some Tarmac jobs down south that week and you can make a little extra on the side for the wheels.

Sorted :thumbs:

times the big one, if i go for red lip its 3 days without the wheels.

i have an offer of a loan set, but i feel its unfair to expect the other person to drop off and pick up etc, and i cna;t get them in my car.

i'm trying to be sensible so doing it in stages, so for now its satin black only.

the other problem i'm having is finding somewhere local to fit me in over half term.

wheel genie is booked up till november. so i'm browsing at the moment to find somewhere.