• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

£160 ... That's extortion ..... but luckily there are alternatives:

1. Purchase a key from eBay such as this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNCUT-NISSAN-X-TR ... 286.c0.m14

2. Then have it cut by any automotive locksmith (Approx. £10)

3. Follow the guide to register your new key fob to the car:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15966

Simplez!

;)

Sorry, should have searched first, was too angry to think!

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction though.

Nixy, that isn't the half of it, amongst other things he has chewed THROUGH my kitchen wall into my living room! :bang:

You should have taken a picture of that, it's well funny for everyone (except you of course) :lol:

Aren't boxers prone to chewing?

OMG

you need a dog psychologist............

I saw a programme once where they got a toy that had a hole in it and forced a dog biscuit into the hole. It kept the puppy occupied while the owners were out. Worth a try?

Some are, I've got 2 and the other is great, never chewed anything, really well trained. The other however is a nightmare! Can't trust him with anything. As for the pic I'll try and get one on next chance I get.

Oh, and that toy nixy, I think you mean a kong.... He's got 4 different variations, gets his toys rotated every time he is left and gets a couple if chews left everytime and he still chewed things he shouldn't (skirting board, door frame, tea towel rail.... Wall...) then one day about 4 weeks ago he suddenly stopped and hasn't done it since! Touch wood (what's left of it anyway!) it stays that way!

OMG

you need a dog psychologist............

I saw a programme once where they got a toy that had a hole in it and forced a dog biscuit into the hole. It kept the puppy occupied while the owners were out. Worth a try?

Dog psychologist? He needs a black bin bag, several rocks and a river, more like!

as far as chewing furniture, doors, skirting etc if he starts again a smear of Vick on the affected site will stop him. It won't stain the area and its smell will drive the dog away. If he is doing it in your presence or just being generally naughty with you nearby then a squirt of clean water on the nose from a small squeezy bottle you can fit in your pocket will soon teach him to behave. After a short time you will just have to show him the bottle without squirting. No need to squirt in his eyes or do anything unpleasant, it is the surprise of the squirt which has the effect.

had two dalmatians in the past and they decided to chew through a fire door to get out of the kitchen. they started at the bottom, we put lemon on it, vinegar, viks, salt, detterent, even a very thin coating of bleach next to where they chewed. did nothing. got in one day and one welcomed us with a head coming out from under the kitchen door. a foot tall, thick brass plate soon stopped them though. they were teething though and soon grew out of it. if its not teething i would say its boredom, possibly left alone too long and wants to get out to get to the rest of the pack. try leaving a radio on or something to keep doggie company during the day. a cage during the day will prevent your house being destroyed but i doubt it would make the dog feel any better, at night a cage should be fine as long as its comfortably big enough :)

lesson really, dont leave anything in range. those dalmations also managed to eat an entire sack of potatoes in an hour cos it was in reach. :blush:

I'm not the only one then!

As for all of the methods above, I've tried them all, and more.Any yes he's had potatos too, along with a loaf of bread, cookies, and the rest of the contents of the locked breadbin! The method I found had the best effect was citronella, although that didn't completely work.

Crating him didn't work (I crated my other dog with no problems) as he panicked and messed himself as soon as he was left, he was having to be bathed on average every 2 days.

I have trained my other dog to a very high standard, to the point of me being asked to show him (I refused as I don't agree with it), this one just seems to be a little "special"!

I think it is just him teething though, as he seems to have stopped now, fingers crossed!

Just need to sort my key now :angry:

Sorry, should have searched first, was too angry to think!

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction though.

Nixy, that isn't the half of it, amongst other things he has chewed THROUGH my kitchen wall into my living room! :bang:

My dog once tried to chew through to next door!!

She got all the way through the plaster!!

Good luck with the key mate :thumbs: