Why did I park in a multi-story

ReaperRSX

After own my Z for less than a month I have had to park it in a multi-story car park a few time sand thankfully no issues until today.

I come back to my car to find the rear left side of my bumper with a nice deep 3 inch high and 2-3 inch long scratch just past the wheel arch. Obviously the sod who did it didn't leave any sort of details, and only noticed it once back at home so couldn't even check if there were any security camera's.

Its only tuesday and what a crappy week its going to be now. Now i was always looking a different rear bumper but more like 9 months not 1.

I'm suddenly trying to remember where the CCTV camera's were and whether they might have caught the person, but then is it really worth the entire hassle going through to get it if its available. Luckily won't be going back to the car park, or atleast not in the Z

Yeah got a pic, unfortunately can't find the cables to link up to the PC. It should be found eventually.

There are quiet a few people selling bumpers at the minute. Depending on the damage might be cheaper to buy a bumper rather than repair original, especially if its the same colour. :thumbs:

Not just saying that because I am selling bumpers and skirts but noticed lots for sale while looking at prices to put up for sale etc. Got to worth checking out though.

There are quiet a few people selling bumpers at the minute. Depending on the damage might be cheaper to buy a bumper rather than repair original, especially if its the same colour. :thumbs:

Not just saying that because I am selling bumpers and skirts but noticed lots for sale while looking at prices to put up for sale etc. Got to worth checking out though.

Yeah just had a quick search and the azure one i saw has gone, and if the others need spraying might as well repair mine.

What a thwart :angry: It's people like these that drives u nuts. Feel for you.. had the same problem once with my Beamer last year. It doesn't matter how careful you are...u will still come across drivers like that. These people should be made to retake their driving test..they should be banned :ban:

yes it is worth it, as it will cost you a couple of 100 quid to get it fixed

Yeah I guess so, just car parks in nottingham and i'm based in leicester and won't be going up for couple of weeks now to see if there were any CCTV camera's with a view of the 'incident'.

As promised pic of the damage, excuse the dirt, it wasn't cleaned at the weekend.

dscn2938.th.jpg

Might be worth calling them up in the morning and seeing if they can give you that evidence....you should be able to claim it back if they have camera footage of the incident....all its gonna cost you is a phone call :thumbs:

out of curiosity would that count as a hit and run?

in the spirit of peoples innability to drive in multistories. me and my mate we standing chatting outside the gym on monday when we heard an almighty crunch. a woman had put her focus in 1st instead of reverse to get out a bay and just lauchned into the barrier infront. needless to say we were laughing and pointing at her. :snack:

in the spirit of peoples innability to drive in multistories. me and my mate we standing chatting outside the gym on monday when we heard an almighty crunch. a woman had put her focus in 1st instead of reverse to get out a bay and just lauchned into the barrier infront. needless to say we were laughing and pointing at her. :snack:

Classic mistake. Even worse when your actually looking over your shoulder then start going forward.

Gonna try caling the car park this morning and see what they say.

Same thing happened to me in cornwall a few weeks back,

Perfectly parked in an empty car park, get back to find this dirty blue volvo parked so close and poorly behind me I couldnt even get to my door and a nice scratch on my drivers side rear wheel arch which beautifully matches his colour.

Luckly enough his parking ticket said he had to be back in 10 min so i waited, I was really shocked that he admitted it and paid up....

I must be one of the lucky ones

Same thing happened to me in cornwall a few weeks back,

Perfectly parked in an empty car park, get back to find this dirty blue volvo parked so close and poorly behind me I couldnt even get to my door and a nice scratch on my drivers side rear wheel arch which beautifully matches his colour.

Luckly enough his parking ticket said he had to be back in 10 min so i waited, I was really shocked that he admitted it and paid up....

I must be one of the lucky ones

result mate :thumbs:

Sorry to hear of this!!

Majority of people are not enthusiasts or petrolheads, they simply see a car as a means of transport, not the object of their affections. To them dings, dents, scratches are just part of everyday life, whether is happens to their car or someone elses, so what.

Car parks are a means to an end, get parked up no matter what, or how close you get to the next car.

happened to me too once in a carpark... some nutter parked their work van so close I couldnt even get into the door let alone open it. He had a number on it so called yer man and asked if he had a blue van parked in this carpark. He said yes I do, thinking he'd get some business his way I guess. I told him I 1st needed it moved and also that he had smashed the door into the rear wheel arch and left a dent in my car that I wanted him to pay for. :bang: . He asked again what colour it was and I said BLUE! He went off the phone and at that point i saw there where more vans with his company name on it... he came back and said the driver of tht van says he didnt dent any car etc. whatever. I told him to come down adn take a good look at my car and the van. He came down 5 min later with the driver behind him. Took one good look at the way the parking was done and shock my hand. Was talking for a while with me and then asked the driver for the car keys. He'd 4got them... ooohu :D Never seen someone so angry before 'the foreman' shouted at the driver and he took off faster then I'd ever seen such a big man move... he came back and unlocked the van, the 'foreman' opened the door and it fitted straight into the dent... :bang: Told me to get a quote to get it fixed and he'd sort me out.

Which he did... 150€ later and dent not so obvious thanks to dentman.ie (he said it would cost 200€ for a full respray which is / was needed to get it 100%...)

So thanks to yer man :D the driver told me while he reversed the car that he was sorry... I answered, no your not... you're sorry you didnt move the van!

:drive1 hate parking, get all my dent and scratches that way. Think over there in the uk there is a bit more respect then here even...

A.

It could of been a lot worse

chipsaway or someone similar will be able to sort that out for you. Should cost around £100.

Thats not to bad then I guess.

Well I've spoken with the car park and needed information in writing so provided what was necessary and lets see what happens. Will no doubt have to chase again next week but for a few phone calls its worth it.