Bluetooth Adapter Help - Please Don't Shoot Me..

JimmyJam75

Popped into the dealers this morning to collect my bluetooth unit, and the guy I was dealing with over the phone was on hols... The member of staff on the service desk knew nothing about it and know one had booked my car in for it to be done... at this point I could feel my clothes begining to get tight and yes I was going to turn into the incredible hulk.. :angry::bangin::stretcher::crutches:

Luckly someone in the back office new all about it and after about 10 mins they managed to locate the adapter and it was fitted in mins. Just need to work out how to add voice tags to the address book.. I thought it would just use the ones already stored on the phone?? as of yet all I get is a rather annoying womans voice saying "Im sorry blah blah blah" May have to look at the instructions :surrender:

While I was at the dealers I thought I would take a look at the roadster that Chris mentioned. There are certainly buttons on the stearing wheel were the phone controls are on the coupe model... however I guess the extra controls on the new roadster are for the Bose headunit. I think one said power and the other said source.

Anyone with an 06 coupe should contact there dealer and get the bluetooth adapter for FREE :yahoo: I guess if you have already bought one from Holdcroft etc, still contact your dealer to get a 2nd one and sell it on ebay!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reading through this thread and am a little confused :blush:

Ive got an 05 GT4 and would like bluetooth. Am I right in saying the car is prewired with a phone kit (there's a phone thingy in the tray in the centre console, and what looks like a mic behind the rear view mirror)?

If so, do I just need to order the BT kit from one of the £99 deals available on here.

Also, anyone used it with a Sony Ericsson W800i, and is it OK?

Just been reading through this thread and am a little confused :blush:

Ive got an 05 GT4 and would like bluetooth. Am I right in saying the car is prewired with a phone kit (there's a phone thingy in the tray in the centre console, and what looks like a mic behind the rear view mirror)?

Yes. There is a handsfree phone kit already within the car that you either use by buying a cradle to fit various phones, or the latest way of a BT adapter. Then you can use any phone that supports BT. The mic is in the plastic above the rear view mirror......

If so, do I just need to order the BT kit from one of the £99 deals available on here.
Yep. Either from Mr F or Holdcrofts.

Also, anyone used it with a Sony Ericsson W800i, and is it OK?

Well I use it with a SE K750i and works fine :thumbs:

That clear up your confusion?

Hi, i'm new to thesite, but have a new 06 350gt. it does come with a cradle but you need an adaptor. The kit is well known and used by many fleet providers, however nissan "chip" the kit so you can only useadaptors provided by them (at £150, not £80 as per kit manufacturers) the kits they do supply fit about 4 old phones, the blue tooth adaptor is "under development". I'm appalled and ripping it out and replacing the phone kit with a new one.

Hope this helps,

FTR the roaster kit is an optional extra

Hi, i'm new to thesite, but have a new 06 350gt. it does come with a cradle but you need an adaptor. The kit is well known and used by many fleet providers, however nissan "chip" the kit so you can only useadaptors provided by them (at £150, not £80 as per kit manufacturers) the kits they do supply fit about 4 old phones, the blue tooth adaptor is "under development". I'm appalled and ripping it out and replacing the phone kit with a new one.

Hope this helps,

:surrender::surrender: Two dealers (Mr F & Holdcroft 2005) have been selling these units on here for £99 recently try them first :thumbs:

Hope this helps,

:welcome: Grant!

bluetooth is out, has been out for a while too, do a search on bluetooth :)

you are correct in saying the adaptors are encrypted so only the Nissan ones will work :)

I pickup my new Z on Saturday it's an MY05 exdemo. As part of the deal I asked for a bluetooth kit ot be installed. I was expecting the Nissan one that plugs into the cradle. However they fitted a Parrot bluetooth system, I was initially a bit disappointed but since using it, I'm more than happy. I think its a better system than the Nissan one, it comes with its own screen for scrolling through numbers, and it syncs with your phone to get the numbers from your phone. It's really easy to use whilst driving just one knob and voice menus.

I think they are about £180 fitted so feel that I did quite well on the deal too. :)

have they intergrated it to work with the buttons on your steering wheel and does it mute the stereo.

Weird how they have gone and done this seeing that Nissan BT is £100 and requires no wiring.

As long as your happy, thats what counts :thumbs:

It doesn't use the wheel controls, but the unit is mounted just by the gear stick so not really a problem.

It is integrated into the radio, mutes it and then play through the speakers.

The sync with the contacts on your phone is great, you then just scroll through the alphabet (which are spoken) to find the number. You can also add extra voice commands it you run out of space on your SIM.

Here's a link to one, i'll take a picture of it fitted and post it later.

http://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/parrot_ck31 ... r_kit.html

Couldn't believe the dealer fitted it when the Nissan one would have been cheaper for them. Don't think they were really aware of the Nissan unit.