Bluetooth Adapter Help - Please Don't Shoot Me..

JimmyJam75

I think I've been a bit of a loon.

I'm (still) waiting for my 06 model 350z to arrive and am currently buying up a few accessories for when it arrives.

I'd like to use the bluetooth feature on the car which I assume means I can make hands-free calls & use the buttons on the steering wheel?? Is this right?

I've bought a 'Bluetooth Adapter' from one of the recommended retailers on this forum, but having looked further into it, I'm not sure I need it. Doesn't the 06 model come with bluetooth already? If so, does this mean the adapter is just for use on pre-06 models?

This is probably already been asked on the forum, but a quick search couldn't answer this for me. Feel free to a) boot me to the appropriate thread and, B) boot me up the you-know-what for asking what is probably a very silly question!

Many thanks,

JimmyJam

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afaik the 06 does have a bluetooth connection BUT I don't know if it comes with the necessary plug in that you've obviously already bought. Although pre 06 cars came with the base unit and buttons for the hands free calling (via a cradle plug in) it didn't actually come with the cradle - you had to buy it separately. Judging by what Nissan are like with selling the add on bits (and making a shedload more money btw) I'd be surprised if your 06 comes with the adaptor already. Sorry can't be more helpful.

Sorry mate, ignore the afaik at the start of other post. Was going to put something slightly different but rethought. Obviously the 06 does come with bluetooth connection.

Would have edited but someones stolen my edit button!!!

06 Coupe does come with bluetooth fitted as standard, Roadster doesn't have this. If it's the coupe you've bought you don't need to buy anything else. However if it's the Roadster like I've bought then it doesn't come with anything.

Hope this helps.

06 Coupe does come with bluetooth fitted as standard, Roadster doesn't have this. If it's the coupe you've bought you don't need to buy anything else. However if it's the Roadster like I've bought then it doesn't come with anything.

Hope this helps.

how come you are so sure? just trying to shed some light to this...

Guest prescience

Its part of the MY06 spec as standard. If your new car doesn't come with it included, its simply due to it not yet being available - it is yours by right :)

Here's a page from the 02/2006 350z Coupe/Roadster brochure below.

Also here's the links to the Electronic brochure on Nissan's site. If you look at the 'Grades & Equipment' section on page 13 the phone integration is also specified on the Technology section. Note it is only mentioned on the Coupe brochure and not on the Roadster brochure anywhere.

Coupe

http://www.nissan.co.uk/NMGB/en_GB/ebro ... n_350Z.pdf

Roadster

http://www.nissan.co.uk/NMGB/en_GB/ebro ... ADSTER.pdf

:D

Guest prescience

As I am now banned (hopefully) I can now confirm that Val doesn't know what he is talking about here hanel - and you are correct :D

but is it the same cradle or a completely different setup then??

That I can't answer but I would assume if it is the same cradle and bluetooth module then they will have hidden it away somewhere and not left it in the centre box.

right...... don't wanna sound like I want to always be right, BUT phone integration is one thing (ie all UK zeds have phone INTEGRATION, page 20 of my 04 brochure has got a nice phone sitting on the cradle WHICH U HAD TO BUY SEPARATELY) and the actual cradle is another.

and roadsters have never had any handsfree kit anyway

anyone with an 06 coupe' just bought, that can confirm??????????????

my money is still on bluetooth cradle to be bought separately :p

PPS in that brochure there's still Kuro as black, when it's replaced by the ebisu, metallic black too... they can't even do their own brochure right :lol:

right...... don't wanna sound like I want to always be right, BUT phone integration is one thing (ie all UK zeds have phone INTEGRATION, page 20 of my 04 brochure has got a nice phone sitting on the cradle WHICH U HAD TO BUY SEPARATELY) and the actual cradle is another.

PPS in that brochure there's still Kuro as black, when it's replaced by the ebisu, metallic black too... they can't even do their own brochure right :lol:

The scan that I took from the 350z Brochure is definately for the 2006 models. The black is Ebisu Black and not Kuro. The brochure says it comes with Bluetooth integration on the Coupe model.

The scan that I took from the 350z Brochure is definately for the 2006 models. The black is Ebisu Black and not Kuro. The brochure says it comes with Bluetooth integration on the Coupe model.

Your either gonna be very happy or very upset :dry: Hopefully Val's wrong :p

hate to disappoint you mate, guess where I got this (bad) picture of the phone integration from? 04 brochure. what did you need to do to have your phone on hadsfree? buy a cradle. I still bet the BT adapter is an optional accessory :( also the fact that in your brochure the bose and nav are also accessories and they are listed together with the bt reinforces my theory.. it'd be great if it did have it, but doubt it

hate to disappoint you mate, guess where I got this (bad) picture of the phone integration from? 04 brochure. what did you need to do to have your phone on hadsfree? buy a cradle. I still bet the BT adapter is an optional accessory :( also the fact that in your brochure the bose and nav are also accessories and they are listed together with the bt reinforces my theory.. it'd be great if it did have it, but doubt it

I agree that it may only be available as part of the GT pack as this has the upgraded Bose stereo but as far as I know if you've got this then you get the bluetooth. Anyway, I guess that we'll just have to wait and see what he gets, unless someone else out there has a 06 Coupe already?

or a dealership with an 06 coupe and can get pics of this system?

PS I have no bose but handsfree. on the previous years the handsfree kit was already on the cars, GT pack or not, fitted when the cars arrived here in the UK. it was the cradle that needed to be bought separately

or a dealership with an 06 coupe and can get pics of this system?

PS I have no bose but handsfree. on the previous years the handsfree kit was already on the cars, GT pack or not, fitted when the cars arrived here in the UK. it was the cradle that needed to be bought separately

I'm "pretty sure" that when I looked at the '06 model in the dealers when they first got it, that it had the same cradle "host" in the centre tunnel glove box, as we have on the previous models that you either put in a cradle or the BT adapter....

I therefore think that you get the BT integration as part of your car, but you do not get the BT Adapter that fits into the host as standard, therefore you have to buy it like we did.

I'd be very surprised if they gave you this. Otherwise, why not just change the system completely and do away with the host bit..... :dry:

my suspicion is probably correct, then... no free BT adaptor mate :(

:thumbdown:

I think you'll have to eat you hat when JimmyJam's car arrives. I'll also be speaking to the stealer this week when my car arrives (unfortunately no bluetooth for me as I got the roadster) and I'll ask him too.

my suspicion is probably correct, then... no free BT adaptor mate :(

:thumbdown:

I think you'll have to eat you hat when JimmyJam's car arrives. I'll also be speaking to the stealer this week when my car arrives (unfortunately no bluetooth for me as I got the roadster) and I'll ask him too.

hope I do mate, but doubt it

I sincerely hope you do get it free considering the price of the cars, but typically its just another opportunity for them to rip you off.....

Sorry, cynical mode off. B)

Thanks for all your comments guys... I don't want to step on anyones toes here (me being new an' all!) but I'm still edging towards the fact that my 06 Coupe will have bluetooth integration - i.e. be bluetooth 'ready' but that I'll still need the optional 'extra' of the Bluetooth adapter for it to work.

In fact - this is kind of what the guy I'm buying it from tells me, and that in most cases Nissan will try to charge for extras where-ever possible. He said he'll try to find out a concrete answer for me.. When I get it, i'll post it.

Meantime, I guess until we hear from a new 06 Coupe owner, or until my Z arrives.. (please God let it be soon).. I'll have to wait and see !!

JimmyJam

:)

.....but I'm still edging towards the fact that my 06 Coupe will have bluetooth integration - i.e. be bluetooth 'ready' but that I'll still need the optional 'extra' of the Bluetooth adapter for it to work.

JimmyJam

:)

That is what I would think. But hopefully you'll get the adapter too!

Hope your car turns up soon and you can confirm this :teeth: