Bluetooth Adapter Help - Please Don't Shoot Me..

JimmyJam75

I can confirm that the 06 model has the same basic cradle as the previous Z and the dealers are still struggling to get hold of the bluetooth unit.

Owners are supposed to be contacted once they are available for a *free* retrofit.

:rant:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that the 06 model has the same basic cradle as the previous Z and the dealers are still struggling to get hold of the bluetooth unit.

Owners are supposed to be contacted once they are available for a *free* retrofit.

:rant:

this is exactly what I have been told by my local dealer... trouble is not got anything in writing, so could easily change to become an optional extra.. :thumbdown: Have to wait and see, from experience dealers seem to know sweet FA. :D

All the documentation, manual and nissan website state the 06 model includes bluetooth.

If they try to renege on it I can feel a trip to trading standards and the advertising standards agency coming on! That might wake them up :boxing:

no mate, all the documentation says BT "configuration" or similar, not BT kit fitted....

again fingers crossed for new owners but I wouldn't hold my breath :)

PS Bluffy dealers are already selling these.... get down to your dealer and make your voice heard! ;)

PS on this very forum, Holdcroft and Mr.F are currently selling this :) £99

no mate, all the documentation says BT "configuration" or similar, not BT kit fitted....

PS Bluffy dealers are already selling these.... get down to your dealer and make your voice heard! ;)

plus holdcroft discount ;)

Cheers Val, I went down to local dealers a couple of weeks ago. they have not got anything on their system.. Last email they have from Nissan is that the unit has been delayed due to a fault.

I beg to differ, my 06 brochure says introduce your bluetooth phone for handsfree voice activated use and the link to Nissans website below says it includes blootooth *integration*. Not go buy a bluetooth accessory!

Click the link and then click on the bluetooth phone integration llink on this page

http://www.nissan.co.uk/home/vehicles/p ... index.html

also the pdf e-brochure says it is a standrd feature.

I beg to differ, my 06 brochure says introduce your bluetooth phone for handsfree voice activated use and the link to Nissans website below says it includes blootooth *integration*. Not go buy a bluetooth accessory!

Click the link and then click on the bluetooth phone integration llink on this page

You have bluetooth integration. I have bluetooth integration. Anyone with a uk zed has blue tooth integration. What you don't have is the bluetooth cradle to utilize it, which is an optional extra from nissan :thumbdown:

You have bluetooth integration. I have bluetooth integration. Anyone with a uk zed has blue tooth integration. What you don't have is the bluetooth cradle to utilize it, which is an optional extra from nissan :thumbdown:

yup, integration means "car kit" which is fitted in the Z when it arrives from japan.

You will not get a free bluetooth cradle unless your salesman has put it writing during the contract :(

PS pre 06 models brochures all had "hands free integration" on it, guess what? we had to buy cradles as accessories :)

plus holdcroft discount ;)

Think the £99 from holdcroft is already discounted Liam to our members ;)

Guest prescience

yup, integration means "car kit" which is fitted in the Z when it arrives from japan.

You will not get a free bluetooth cradle unless your salesman has put it writing during the contract :(

PS pre 06 models brochures all had "hands free integration" on it, guess what? we had to buy cradles as accessories :)

I still disagree with you on this ;) I checked my old price list and the phone integration was down as a dealer option with a price against it. If you check on Nissan's current Car Configurator for 350Z, in the list of options, there is NO mention of an additional price for phone integration

Guest prescience
i guess we'll agree to disagree until someone with an newly delivered 06 coupe lets us know if they get the cradle for free or not :p

Yup B)

Where I think we can agree is that the stealer will TRY and charge for it :thumbdown: but I think given the documentation, brochures etc and from info. on this forum, you'd be mad not to force them to let you have it for nowt :D

Guest prescience

Yes, warranty claim, that makes sense (sort of) but given that, it will make it the more likely for the dealers to try it on so to speak (to avoid the hassle).

DON'T GET FOBBED OFF

so i am right then.

if it was something that is supposed to be in the car in the first place, there shouldn't be any need for all this palava of warranty claims etc? ie just a gimmick to try and keep owners happy after they received many complaints about the wording of their literature maybe? :)

Guest prescience
so i am right then.

Talk about massaging the facts ;) No I don't think so. It is included, it will be included automatically when available and there is no cost to retrofit

IT IS AVAILABLE! has been for many weeks now! come on Dorian, be realistic and agree with me that they messed it up big style with regards to their literature (same wording as the pre 06 models) but when people started expecting it for free, they had to patch it up before being referred to trading standards :lol: )

I still have to hear of an 06 owner who has been given the keys of his brand new Z, opened the cubby hole and found a BT adapter cradle already installed.

Surely if it is as it has been reported, before selling these to Dealers, they would use them to fit the new cars coming in???

Just a thought - what happens to any 06 owner that buys one of these then finds out (if it does happen) that they are getting one for free from the dealer.

Can they just get the dealer to cough up the £99 they paid?

I dont think the litterature is misleading - I think its "ambiguous". :p

Guest prescience

I neither think that the CURRENT literature is misleading nor ambiguous.

- forget what the past literature said it is in fact irrelevant to this

- the current literature clearly states that Bluetooth integration is included

- the current literature does not list Bluetooth cradle as an additional costed item

Therefore, it should be supplied as of right.

The issue is that Nissan has been unable to manufacture these GB Bluetooth cradles in a timely manner for the MY06 (for whatever reason). Thus for people who have already been supplied with cars, they cannot be included but will have to be retrofitted.

This is an unusual situation which the Dealers have been instructed to handle via the warranty process (presumably due to some system-driven reason making this the easiest option).

The Dealers may well be confused (to but the best light on it) and may well try to charge but how much to charge? - there is no current price listed (as it is included)and the only recourse would be to a historical costfor previous pre-Bluetooth cradles. None of this affects the owners right to have this supplied as it states in the literature.

Political dancing on the head of a pin aside, this seems pretty clear to me

I have to admit, I was basing my "ambiguous" comment on what has been previoulsy written in the thread - rather than the actual litterature.

Humble pie about to be eaten by myself.

Ive just downloaded the brochure from the nissan website, but cant find any refference to bluetooth - just "phone integration with voice activation - dependent on phone model"

This seems different to what has been said before that the online litterature implied the BT connection was available as standard.

Is there some other litterature?

It certainly seems like there may be some confusion at dealerships if the cars are shipping without the units, but the sales patter says that the customers should be able to use their bluetooth phone.

What about an 06 manual? Is the bluetooth mentioned in there?

Looking at the scanned in article, if I was in possesion of that, and my bluetooth phone didnt work when I sat in the car, I'd be asking the dealer why.

It may be that at some point in the future the dealers will have to fit these to purchased cars, and whether or not they charge for this remains to be seen, but having taken the time to read this topic thoroughly now (sorry). I agree with prescience here - I would take that litterarture to mean that my 06 car will work with my bluetooth phone without me having to put my hand in my wallet.

Perhaps an idea for 06 owners NOT to purchase the unit just yet, until Nissan clear this up one way or another - otherwise they may end up with 2 units and an added complication.

I neither think that the CURRENT literature is misleading nor ambiguous.

- forget what the past literature said it is in fact irrelevant to this

- the current literature clearly states that Bluetooth integration is included

- the current literature does not list Bluetooth cradle as an additional costed item

Therefore, it should be supplied as of right.

The issue is that Nissan has been unable to manufacture these GB Bluetooth cradles in a timely manner for the MY06 (for whatever reason). Thus for people who have already been supplied with cars, they cannot be included but will have to be retrofitted.

This is an unusual situation which the Dealers have been instructed to handle via the warranty process (presumably due to some system-driven reason making this the easiest option).

The Dealers may well be confused (to but the best light on it) and may well try to charge but how much to charge? - there is no current price listed (as it is included)and the only recourse would be to a historical costfor previous pre-Bluetooth cradles. None of this affects the owners right to have this supplied as it states in the literature.

Political dancing on the head of a pin aside, this seems pretty clear to me

so where are Holdcroft and MrF getting their bluetooth kits from?

the key word is INTEGRATION: it's the same word used on the previous literature (do you really think they re-write all literature, or maybe just change the bits that need updating? ;) )

pre 06 cars have HANDFREE INTEGRATION, now 06 cars have BLUETOOTH INTEGRATION simply because they (NMGB) paid THB BURY the money to develop the bluetooth cradle for the Z instead of trying to keep up with new phone models like they tried to do (and failed) at launch of the Z in the UK.

Also, where do you think MrF and Holdcroft get their pricing from? there's part numbers and pricing list (and margins, which apparently are tiny on this item) available on Nissan's system...

other key thing: does it say anywhere on the brochure (pre 06) that the cradles for the handsfree had to be purchased? nope, same as on the 06 brochure.