Stargate Universe (TV)

SunGodRA

Just watched the Sky1 premier of Stargate Universe and I have to say I was not impressed. I have been an avid Stargate follower from the original film, then SG1 and SGA

I cant help but feel that the writers are trying to emulate BSG (Battle Star Galactica) - by trying to make it 'Dark' and dramatic - the best thing about the previous Stargate franchise was the humour, and there was none in Universe.

I just hope it gets better in the following episodes :dry:

Anyway - just my thoughts...

Oh loved Stargate film and series - although missed some episodes - sounds like they are trying to make some money from Old rope! Bit like my new Knight rider thread the other week - shame sometimes they should leave stuff well alone :bangin:

Oh loved Stargate film and series - although missed some episodes - sounds like they are trying to make some money from Old rope! Bit like my new Knight rider thread the other week - shame sometimes they should leave stuff well alone :bangin:

I am all up for a follow on series - but get it right! - not good so far, but then again i thought that about Atlantis after SG1, and that turned out to be excellent :thumbs:

Time will tell on SGU

I watched both episodes tonight and yes they were very slow compared to the punchy SGA episodes, but to be fair, I think we need to give it a chance. Nothing has actually happened yet its just been setting the scene...............give it time :thumbs:

I've been a major Stargate fan ever since the film ... I've seen every epioside of SG1 and SGA too!

I didn't think much of the first 2 episodes of SGU either ... I particularly don't like Robert Carlyle's character ...

I'm hoping it grows on me like Atlantis did after a few episodes ... I will still watch every episode regardless

I've been a major Stargate fan ever since the film ... I've seen every epioside of SG1 and SGA too!

I didn't think much of the first 2 episodes of SGU either ... I particularly don't like Robert Carlyle's character ...

I'm hoping it grows on me like Atlantis did after a few episodes ... I will still watch every episode regardless

+1 to that,

i think it needs time, still building the plot.

Well ep3 is up and I think I'll stick with it for now, seem to be doing that lately with new seasons starting and other new shows.

I'm currently watching, House, Supernatural, Doll House, Criminal Minds, Numbers, Dexter, Fringe, NCIS, Mad Men, Warehouse 13, The Mentalist, Lie to Me and a few others.

Don't watch normal TV any more except for the news and the odd program just the above and movies :blush:

Good list m8.

I'd also recommend Flashpoint and Sons of Anarchy, you should check them out.

A lot of the characters in SGU are starting to irk me. I don't know if the intention of the show is to make the majority of characters unlikeable, but if it is - it's working.