Elephant Car Insurance?

RPL

Does anyone know, I'm looking to buy a 350Z GT UK spec sometime the next couple of months and the best quotes i'm getting are from Bell/Admiral/Elephant (and for me, a 27yr old with 5yrs NCD in Hampshire its about 750pa).

Elephant seems the most "established" one of the three, with a modifications policy which seems to cover "optional extras" such as the factory fit NISMO spoilers.

Has anyone used them before? Any ideas what the situation with them is in the event of a claim, i.e. do they replace the car to standard spec + factory extras? Or is it just to base spec?

Cheers guys,

The £750 quote was from Sky Insurance who i'd seen on here, and also been recommended from a friend. Seemed a bit pricey (+£100) compared to Elephant so wondered if the difference in price was justifyable.

I'll give Chris Knott and Swiftcover a try... Can i take it that you're pleased with Admiral's cover? They came out about £10 cheaper than elephant. Whats the deal with them and factory options? (like the 19" extras which i rarely see...) are they "covered" and would be replaced if necessary?

Thanks!

Cheers guys,

The £750 quote was from Sky Insurance who i'd seen on here, and also been recommended from a friend. Seemed a bit pricey (+£100) compared to Elephant so wondered if the difference in price was justifyable.

I'll give Chris Knott and Swiftcover a try... Can i take it that you're pleased with Admiral's cover? They came out about £10 cheaper than elephant. Whats the deal with them and factory options? (like the 19" extras which i rarely see...) are they "covered" and would be replaced if necessary?

Thanks!

They would only be replaced with standard items.

Its the main drawback of bell/elephant/admiral. I need to get away from bell this year to get my mods covered on a like for like basis :dry: