Rear End feels "fidgety" on bad roads

g60luke

Hi,

Have notice that since I have had my Zed (only 6 months) that on particularly bad roads where there are cambers/bad textures/dips that on odd occasions the back of the car feels a little fidgety almost as if there is something a little loose on the rear suspension...?!

There are NO noises at all so cannot hear the bushes, and on normal roads or even enthusiastic starts there is nothing?!

I have noticed it with and without any throttle?

Is is possible that the active handling is sensing the car being pulled on bad roads and braking a single rear wheel?! Because that would explain it?!

This is REALLY SUBTLE, and just me being a really picky car owner!!! :wacko:

Cheers

Luke

Falkens on the back, and Kenda on the front.

Dont blame me for the Kendas since the garage agreed to put tyres on there when I bought it! Seem OK though...

Does the Z dislike different treads front->rear that badly then?!

it only dislikes them when it finds a hedge in bad wet weather.

Falkens on the back, and Kenda on the front.

Dont blame me for the Kendas since the garage agreed to put tyres on there when I bought it! Seem OK though...

Does the Z dislike different treads front->rear that badly then?!

Change your front tyres ASAP. Hell, if you can't afford two new Falkens then match the Kendas (whatever they are, I assume it's Korean for DitchFinder) for the rear as well. Four matched tyres (even crap ones) will be better than mis-matched tyres full stop.

Mixing tyres really isn't a good thing to do on any car, regardless of power output or engine configuration or whatever. They're the only thing keeping you in contact with the road, and you'll have vastly differing grip levels fore and aft depending on weather, road surface, speed, camber etc which can end in neither you nor the car knowing which way round it's supposed to be going.

What the ***K is a KENDA ?

Is that Japanese for STOMIL, that's what they used to put on Skoda's and Wartburgs. They made them out of wood and old nuclear submarine water seals. :lol:

Get -em off quick (oo er) or that noise you're hearing wont sound as funny as you disappear into a ditch backwards at high velocity in bad weather. :lol:

What the ***K is a KENDA ?

Is that Japanese for STOMIL, that's what they used to put on Skoda's and Wartburgs. They made them out of wood and old nuclear submarine water seals. :lol:

Get -em off quick (oo er) or that noise you're hearing wont sound as funny as you disappear into a ditch backwards at high velocity in bad weather. :lol:

STOMIL - blinkin eck not heard that name in years - literally means 100miles in Polish! :lol:

Maybe an obvious suggestion but check your pressures, they need to be 35 psi.

Not necessarily, the exact pressure will depend on tyre brand and in particular how stiff the sidewalls are. For RE040s 35psi is spot on, for something like T1Rs you'd want a couple of psi more in to account for the chocolate sidewalls. Not too sure on the Falkens though having never personally run them.

Not necessarily, the exact pressure will depend on tyre brand and in particular how stiff the sidewalls are. For RE040s 35psi is spot on, for something like T1Rs you'd want a couple of psi more in to account for the chocolate sidewalls. Not too sure on the Falkens though having never personally run them.

true, must admit, i'd not go back on toyo's especially as they changed them a while back, not what they used to be. had them on 2 cars and the last time i had them on had a horrible jelly feel to the side walls.

Got Falkens on mine and run them with 35psi all round, no unintentional twitching so far.

Something between 35-37PSI is what I run my Falkens at. Can be a wee bit soft at 35PSI depending on how you like it :thumbs: