PLAYED!! NEED FOR SPEED: SHIFT!!

jerry3167

Just played the latest NEED FOR SPEED: SHIFT game on the PS3 and all I can say is WOW, what an excellent game!!

I have managed to work my way up a little bit, gathered enough money to buy..wait for it...

A 350Z :p

I also got some sponsors whose money I used to buy the following:

Stage 1 turbo

Drivetrain upgrade

Braking upgrade

suspension upgrade

Nismo Bodykit

But there is absoulutely shedloads more to customise from paint, decals, tyres, roll cage etc!!

I started with a Very old Skyline GTR, then bought an S2000, then sold them both and now bought the Zed..Lovely.

Handling is ultra realistic, with the oversteer :drive1 feeling just as it would in the real car!

Tracks range from London streets, Nurburgring, Top gear Track, Suzuka plus loads more!!

Reccomended!! :thumbs:

I was pleasently surprised by this game. I tried it originally on the xbox360 on the pad and it just felt rubbish, but since having tried the demo on the PC with the wheel, well, I was clearly wrong - this is quite an awesome game! Favourite race so far is that invitational to drive Veyron's round the Nordschliffe - sweet jesus it's impossible! :lol: Anyone got any pics of they're creations yet?

someone tell me it doesnt have a silly replay button like the latest dirt game please....

the one i mean is the one that allows you to have no skill what so ever and just rewind the game slightly so you can pretend your ok at it...

if not then i might nip out and buy that :)

The physics is nowhere near as real as GT5, for me it lacks the feel of weight that GT has always had. However, its still good enough to have some excellent fun much better than GRID and old NFS.... you can tell that the team behind GTR have been working on it, the racing is much better than the GT series and the sound is cool despite the fact its very unrealistic, I wish my zed sounded like the stock one in this game!

I also turboed my 350 and with the TC off it becomes more than a handful, especially on twisty hilly tracks!

I have been playing this on the 360 for the last 5 days and it is the best driving game I have played in a long time :thumbs: I have been playing it that much that I keep dreaming about having a GTR :blush: I am nealy up to level 4 and have a 350Z and GTR fully upraded and a Zonda.

The physics is nowhere near as real as GT5, for me it lacks the feel of weight that GT has always had. However, its still good enough to have some excellent fun much better than GRID and old NFS.... you can tell that the team behind GTR have been working on it, the racing is much better than the GT series and the sound is cool despite the fact its very unrealistic, I wish my zed sounded like the stock one in this game!

I also turboed my 350 and with the TC off it becomes more than a handful, especially on twisty hilly tracks!

And IMHO GT5 is still nowhere near Forza 2. I can only imagine what Forza 3 will be like. I must admit I'll have to try SHIFT with a wheel as it is almost unplayable with a pad once you start getting into the higher performance cars.

Oh and Steve, yes it does have the replay thing. You don't have to use it though ;)

How do you know GT5 is not as good as Forza 2? It aint out yet, and you can't go by the prologue version either :p

I doubt the prologue will have different physics to the prologue. I agree that the graphics will probably be better and there will probably be more tracks etc due to the bluray capacity but my money will still be on Forza being the better 'sim'. This is all my opinion mind and i used to LOVE GT but when forza came out GT lost the race.

What a quality game! I always buy the need for speed games, this is one of the best and a step in the right direction! Forza 3 and gt5 are more based on realism , this has moved a little awY from that but it's great fun , if anyone fancies a game on ps3 - user name is imprexa99. But on holiday until Sunday :(

I have the Pc version. I find it a bit odd that I can open up level 4 races when I have not completed all the races in level 2 yet? I didn't have any trouble with the Veyron round the ring race, won it first attempt, but then the only track I play on GTR Evo is the ring so I know it quite well now. (wasn't a clean race tho')

I bought a 370Z, using the wheel I just couldn't drive it, even mucked about with the traction settings and put them all to max (in the first race it gauges your driving and it set the model to experienced and traction etc all to low). I sold the 370Z and bought a Cayman, that was even worse. Sold that, bought a Scooby, prepped it right up and converted it to works and it is far better to handle, it will four wheel drift and take the power out of the corners far better. The problem with the Z and Cayman was anything under 5K revs and it didn't go anywhere, bit more revs and wheel spin, no inbetween. It isn't the controls as I can get perfect launches by holding the pedal on the right revs.

Has anyone tried the drifting? That is near impossible to do! The RX7 seems to be the best car I have tried so far for that. I also bought a Mustang GT500 for the American series, that also handles the power ok. Good game, nice graphics, I am up to level 21 now in pointless (not literally) aggression/precision ratings. I play a lot of driving games, they are my favourite and I think I have all of the NFS releases ever. Porsche 2000 was one of my favourites, but they didn't include a 928! Only later did they release 4cars as an add on that included the GTS and 959

It seems to me that with this game upgrading the car leads to no advantage, it makes the car faster of course but the AI compensates, so you can in effect win a race with a bog standard car if you race it correctly. I unlocked CCRx vs Zonda R head to head invitational on part of the ring finishing just after Karousel. These cars are quick, tricky race, but driving the Zonda I can get infront and stay in front until the Karousel then it all goes wrong, bit more practice required!

I am getting better at the drifting managing to get a few 1st places now in the bog standard RX7.

I am still working my way through tier two, have raced a few invitationals too, and currently sit around 285 stars, and have opened up the final level international challenge or whatever, but I still have all of tiers 3 and 4 to complete yet!

Some of the stars seem rather odd, 75% of racing line I understand, but 10 slides or 10 spinning off opponents? That isn't racing, so you can race once to win and second time to get the agressive driving star as you don't lose them once won.

Must say I'm not too impressed with it so far. Only played 2 races before I got kicked off the TV, but the physics when using the wheel is no where near as good as Forza 2 or CM Dirt 2. Graphics look quite good but the cars feel dead with no feedback.

Need to play it more I think.

Just played the latest NEED FOR SPEED: SHIFT game on the PS3 and all I can say is WOW, what an excellent game!!

I have managed to work my way up a little bit, gathered enough money to buy..wait for it...

A 350Z :p

I also got some sponsors whose money I used to buy the following:

Stage 1 turbo

Drivetrain upgrade

Braking upgrade

suspension upgrade

Nismo Bodykit

But there is absoulutely shedloads more to customise from paint, decals, tyres, roll cage etc!!

I started with a Very old Skyline GTR, then bought an S2000, then sold them both and now bought the Zed..Lovely.

Handling is ultra realistic, with the oversteer :drive1 feeling just as it would in the real car!

Tracks range from London streets, Nurburgring, Top gear Track, Suzuka plus loads more!!

Reccomended!! :thumbs:

Well, I used my own old formula and just grind it out with a AE86 first, then bought the 350Z.

Since then I have bought in order of purchase

R34 GT-R (now Works converted)

370Z (Fully Upgraded)

S15 (Works Converted)

R35 GT-R V-Spec (Fully Upgraded)

Ford GT500 (Works Converted)