Cost of tyre fitting

rtbiscuit

Just been ringing around for getting my tyres fitted, was wondering what kind of proces others have paid, had quite a range, most expensive was £76 or £19 a corner

cheapest i've found is £11.50 a corner or £46 for 4 corners

i think its not to bad, but has anyone got it done cheaper?

Around £10-£10+vat seems the norm, but it does seem like this price is on the up as more people are buying tyres cheap off the internet and need them fitted, so tyre dealers aren't making the money on the tyres themselves so have got to make it on the fitting.

These are the times where it helps to be on good terms with your local garage.....if it's just fitting and balancing, I sometimes get away with £10 for all 4 corners

:thumbs:

found john grose did me the best price, don't mind them fitting as after they're on, then it goes to the refurb shop for a new paint job.

having to do it this way as i can't get the tyres and temporay wheels all in at the same time.

Here is a story:

Was told to go fit tyre to a wheel at a place in Dublin. The guy before me paid 12€ fitted and balanced (not on cage). The guy before him paid 8€... I came in a suit and forgot to ask him how much before he fitted it... guess.... 20€... didnt work well wearing a suit! :teeth:

:band:

fyi ; If they don't balance I wouldn't use them...

Here is a story:

Was told to go fit tyre to a wheel at a place in Dublin. The guy before me paid 12€ fitted and balanced (not on cage). The guy before him paid 8€... I came in a suit and forgot to ask him how much before he fitted it... guess.... 20€... didnt work well wearing a suit! :teeth:

they balance as well, ;)

and thanks for the info, i'll go in sack cloth for maximum discount :lol:

These are the times where it helps to be on good terms with your local garage.....if it's just fitting and balancing, I sometimes get away with £10 for all 4 corners

found john grose did me the best price, don't mind them fitting as after they're on, then it goes to the refurb shop for a new paint job.

having to do it this way as i can't get the tyres and temporay wheels all in at the same time.

Why not save the cost and have the new tyres fitted at the refurb place.

They'll only take the newly fitted tyres off anyways.

I'm pretty sure you can fit 4 tyres into the Zed...

Unless it takes more than one day, then I'm sure that between the Zed and the Golf, you can carry the tyres to the refurb place...

Here is a story:

they balance as well, ;)

and thanks for the info, i'll go in sack cloth for maximum discount :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Unless it takes more than one day, then I'm sure that between the Zed and the Golf, you can carry the tyres to the refurb place...

was hoping to borrow a set of wheels and it was fitting those in as well. but yes this would be the prefered method.

was hoping to borrow a set of wheels and it was fitting those in as well. but yes this would be the prefered method.

You sure like to overcomplicate things....

if i wait till half term i could technically leave them the car for 3 days. but to be honest i just want them to do it and i still have my car to drive.

the other reason of pre fitting is it should mean they match the tyre with the wheel, i don't want to find they put a front wheel on the back with a back tyre on. etc. i know its unlikely. but i'm worried because aren't the wheels different widths front and back?

if i wait till half term i could technically leave them the car for 3 days. but to be honest i just want them to do it and i still have my car to drive.

the other reason of pre fitting is it should mean they match the tyre with the wheel, i don't want to find they put a front wheel on the back with a back tyre on. etc. i know its unlikely. but i'm worried because aren't the wheels different widths front and back?

Well either way, for the refurb, the tyres will be taken off, hence why I suggested that the refurbers fit the new ones.

fronts on the Rays are 225 wide and rears are 245 wide.