Red Zed fading??

N!ck-z

If its fading you will need it moped, take it to a nearby bodyshop and as for the faded areas to be mopped and polished.

then keep on top of it buy waxing the car often, not nessecarly polishing (because that will just remove the wax), only polish if its needs it, but wax as often as you like, and the paint will stay nice!

i've heard of something i think it was called natee's paste or something that was meant to be very good at putting colour back in to paint work, i can't remember what it was now but it was the same colour as the car, i know they did a blue one and i think they did a red as well.

happy google searching ;)

No products will enhance faded paint (Well a polish might with really hard elbow grease), you will need the offending areas "machine polished" by a competent Detailer.

Then seal gloss with a sealant or wax.

Fading is common on solid colours especially reds, if they haven't been protected regularly with polish/wax.

moved

Thanks, still finding my way around the site!

i've heard of something i think it was called natee's paste

Searched and searched but found nothing :surrender:

If its fading you will need it moped, take it to a nearby bodyshop and as for the faded areas to be mopped and polished

There is nowhere near me I would trust to do this after some of the horror stories Ive heard about having your car mopped.... plus wouldnt this make it worse without having a solid base to polish up? Or can they do this with say a colour based wax?

I'd have thought a regular polish and wax should keep on top of that but nissan red is notoriously bad for fading on other models, i image its a similar paint on the zed :-(

What I find strange is that the wing mirrors have had exactly the same treatment as the rest of the car in terms of wax / polish, yet it is only the wingmirrors fading :surrender:

Thanks, good to know.

I've just done a quick search on detailers in the north east and a few have come up so I'll look into that further,

Thanks!

Ho on this site (lilsheepshagger_turbo) might be able to help you out if the North East you are in is England. If it's Scotland then I might be able to help you out.

ok i spelt it wrong its natty's not natte's :blush:

its a poorboys product, might be worth using after you've had it machined polished, will help to maintain the colour, others might be able to reccomend something else, but i remember others on another forum who speak very highly of it.

http://www.poorboysworld.com/natty-red.htm

ok i spelt it wrong its natty's not natte's :blush:

its a poorboys product, might be worth using after you've had it machined polished, will help to maintain the colour, others might be able to reccomend something else, but i remember others on another forum who speak very highly of it.

http://www.poorboysworld.com/natty-red.htm

Thanks mate, appreciated! :thumbs:

Stew; Im North East England, I split my time between there and the West coast of Scotland. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Nick, the Nissan I had before the Zed was a Sunburst Yellow 200sx (from new), it ended up having to have it's wing mirrors repainted as they faded terribly, even with constant coating of wax. The wax on the wing mirrors on the 200sx was waver thin as apposed other panels. Bite the bullet and get them repainted. They're only small shouldn't cost too much.

I doubt the actual red paint would be fading as they are painted with waterbased paints with a 2k clear over the top.

It is more likely the clear has become cloudy due to your local enviroment.

Waxes can help to a certain degree, but the best method is a mop every 6 months with something like autoglym SRP on a slow machine setting.

Hope this helps :)

Funny you say that, just before I put the car into get its clutch sorted I had a look at what I previously thought was the "faded" carbon wing. It seemed to have a cloudy coating on it, and was coming off with a bit of elbow grease. I couldnt do much more with it as it was going it to be worked on (still not got it back either so cant check if the mirrors are the same).

rtbiscuit: I've got some of that natty's paste now, thanks, I'm busting to try it out, just need my car back and a good polish first.

If all else fails I will just get them repainted (only £50) but I'm wanting to get some other bits done at the same time so need to save a bit more cash before I go down that route (surface rust from a stone chip among other things :angry: ).