Post Hoon

Stew

Well I gave my car a little bit of a clean before the Hoon. It got a wash, PB Black Hole Glaze, Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection Sealant and a coat of Dodo Supernatural V2 from my lovely wooden pot!

Anyway, fast forward a week and a half and the car has done 1500 miles since it's last wash including 1250 blasting about the highlands in all weathers including getting battered by sea spray and 250 going to Edinburgh and back.

So, it looked like this! :blush:

P1020276.jpg

P1020277.jpg

P1020281.jpg

P1020282.jpg

P1020283.jpg

P1020284.jpg

P1020285.jpg

P1020286.jpg

P1020287.jpg

P1020288.jpg

P1020289.jpg

P1020290.jpg

So as you can see it is filthy and covered with bugs..... I can see that underneath all the dirt it is still reflecting well so my pre-Hoon clean is holding up and the paint should be well protected.

Anyway, yesterday I gave it a blast of Meguiars Shampoo Plus in a foam lance and a rinse twice meanwhile getting into the badges with the Envy brushes. I also gave the wheels a soak with bilberry at 1:10 (did you see the state of the wheels...) to test out it's cleaning power and again I used the Envy brushes.. Then I gave it a two bucket wash with Shampoo Plus and a good rinse. At that point I'd spent about 45 mins and as my spag bol was ready I left it to dry naturally (softer Scottish water and not much sun) so a few spots are visible today.

Grabbed the camera this morning to take a couple of pics of the difference.

P1020291.jpg

P1020292.jpg

P1020293.jpg

P1020294.jpg

I must say it still feels very slick with the Dodo juice SN really holding the sealant finish which I am very pleased about.

Just did my neighbours dark blue 911 as he was liking the wetness of the Zed. Spots of rain as the wax was removed so I didn't take any pics as it was ushered back in the garage with it's friends!

I'm VERY impressed with SN V2.

You tried this yet Stew?

http://www.dodojuice-shop.co.uk/?gclid= ... 4wodQ2_Yiw

Just read this on another forum though...

"Just thought I'd put up quick bit of advice if any of you are using the Dodo Juice Red Mist.

Before you worry, it's the bollox. Best quick detailer I've used so go get yourself some if you haven't already. (contact Kudos)

BUT, if you slap it on straight after you've waxed the car the solvents in it will strip your wax.

You need to leave 24 hours for the wax to cure before you use Red Mist.

Also if you're finding that it's drying to quick when sprayed onto a panel, spray it onto your microfibre cloth first and wipe it on that way.

Red Mist is a spray sealant so you'll notice stupid amounts of beading from it and you can layer it so user it after each wash and you're sorted. "

Haven't tried Red Mist yet Mark. I just finished my blackfire spray sealant which I loved and I have a fair bit of my Gloss-It one left. When it's done it'll be Red Mist time and I've promised Andy I'll be using Kudos to buy it! :thumbs:

I had a little play with Lime Prime but only on a couple of test panels so the first dodo product I used was SuperNatural V2 from my lovely wooden pot. My neighbour did comment on it today saying it was pretty bling!

Yeh I got some off Andy and used at Japbash the other week, but as I can now get my car in the garage and it has some pajamas to wear whilst its in there had no reason to give her a clean!

Just wondering if I should slap a coat of the new Dodo Juice White Lightning on and then a layer of redmist, then build up the layers....