Le Mans Series - 1000KM - Silverstone - PIC HEAVY

phatbloke74

Just a quick report and some piccies of my trip to Silverstone on Sunday.

I was lucky enough to be invited to this event by Lola who design and build the chassis for the season winning Aston Martin team.

On arriving we had to pick up our welcome packs and instead of being directed to the usual public car parks, the marshalls must have taken an interest in the zed and I was directed to the SuperCars Car Park. So along with a plethera of Aston Martins, Lamborghini's and Spykers stood my Zed.

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

We were then shown round the garages;

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

and then went off to watch the race. It lasted nearly 6 hours so there was plenty of time to get loads of photo's. Here are some of my favs and you can go to the album if you want to see the rest.

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2712.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

http://s631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32 ... 013_09_09/

Well, being as i work at Lola it was a good weekend spoiled for us really, we got the P2 win with Speedy and they were denied an historic double victory by a broken lourve that the marshalls noticed and they were forced to pit with around 10 laps to go :thumbdown: Shame as it would have been the first time a constructor would have ever had a victory in both P1 and P2. Astons were a little off the pace this weekend and with Racing Box not turning up we lost our chance to claim the P2 title (Aston having already sealed the P1)

We just finished building a car for Drayson Racing and its goooorgeous :yahoo:

Well, being as i work at Lola it was a good weekend spoiled for us really, we got the P2 win with Speedy and they were denied an historic double victory by a broken lourve that the marshalls noticed and they were forced to pit with around 10 laps to go :thumbdown: Shame as it would have been the first time a constructor would have ever had a victory in both P1 and P2. Astons were a little off the pace this weekend and with Racing Box not turning up we lost our chance to claim the P2 title (Aston having already sealed the P1)

We just finished building a car for Drayson Racing and its goooorgeous :yahoo:

Hmm, the relationship between Aston Martin and Lola definately seems to be a strained one - no matter how hard you look Aston don't like to admit that Lola have anything to do with the car!

And yes, the Drayson LMP1 is a stunner - especially like the Union Jack going down the spine B) It's a shame it wasn't racing but at least we got to see it in the garage.