Question about our OEM Clutch & Flywheel.

SilenTKK8

Hey guys,

I got a query about my current OEM Clutch & Flywheel. I just got off the phone with Nissan Parts/services dept about replacing my clutch. And the guy told me the clutch & flywheel that are used by 350z is a dual mesh setup.. he than said when the clutch plate is wearing out, this will also have the same effect on the flywheel which may end up having to change the flywheel as well.. Is this true??

Thanks in advance

Ray

Yep its a dual mass flywheel and the tension can wear over time. My clutch outlived my flywheel. Doesn't mean you cant replace with a single mass flywheel that has been lightened and balanced aswell for some added va va vroom.

Envy or ZmanAlex are the guys to speak to

• 4 weeks later...

:yahoo::thumbs:

Thanks for all your input. I finally got my clutch sorted!! I decided to go for the Exedy clutch kit and Fidanza flywheel in the end.

All thanks to CS who sorted out the parts and install. Great Service!! :#1:

(I'm sure BM will start posting all the pics he took during the install)

We did get some issues when I started my journey back home. The gearstick jammed when trying to shift from 5th into 6th and also vice versa. Also, when I was driving on M1 in 6th gear, I noticed some noise coming from below the gearstick...

Gave CS a quick call and within minutes, we were heading back to the garage.

Andy had a quick look and sorted out all the issues within 15 mins. (Gearstick linkage cover, slightly misaligned gear selector plate)

Thanks again to CS and Andy for great service

Since I live in the same town as Ray, does anybody know a good place that can fit these items?

rtbiscuit, could you ask Team AFM how much they would charge for something like this? (Seeing as you are the only contact with them afaik)

Sorry BM just seen this post as i was looking at your adventures in with CS, my apologies. yes they should be able to sort something out like this.

can't remember off hand what the average hourly rate is for them but its in my P3 service page if that helps for future reference.

Glad CS was able to sort you out he's a top bloke and him and andy do top work.

if you want to check anything out from them in the future i have a contact number for them, they are really helpful and rik will always try and sort it out for you. and if he thinks its going to get expensive he rings and has a chat to see what you want to do.

if you want to check anything out from them in the future i have a contact number for them, they are really helpful and rik will always try and sort it out for you. and if he thinks its going to get expensive he rings and has a chat to see what you want to do.

Eh? rik?

Eh? rik?

the bloke at TEAM AFM is ricky or Rik, top bloke very helpful and not to be confused with someone else.