Rear Discs are a Ba@#*rd!

Alpinestar

Hi Guys,

Is there a knack to getting the rear discs off??!! I'm struggling here, lol. Got the caliper off and out the way (those bolts were quite tight :blink: ) The disc won't budge. I have loosened off the handbrake adjuster and soaked it in WD40. Gonna leave it for an hour and take a break (no pun intended......) I did try swearing at it a lot and twatting it with a hammer, that didn't work either :headhurt:

Chris.

Hi mate,

I soaked it in WD40 and im gonna leave it overnight. I think it is just a case of the disc siezed to the hub. It just needs a good bash with a mallet i guess. I'll take some pics tomorrow morning, the wheel's back on now.

But on a plus note, the fronts went on a treat :), they look pretty cool. The discs just fell off when I took the caliper off. I'm guessing its the same with the rears, just a big hammer needed!

Chris.

There are two handbrake adjusters:

One is through the hole in the face of the disc which lets off the handbrake shoes and the other is for the cable which is inside the car. If you remove the ash tray you will see the adjusting nut on the end of the cable. A long socket will be required. :thumbs:

Alex.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you still got your old disks? and if so have they got any life left in them? I need some temporary replacement disks on the back of mine.....

Cheers....

are you waiting on an upgrade brake wise. or just oem stuff.

CS does a good range of upgraded stuff at a price that is often better than OEM replacement.

me personally i'm going for the EBC ultimax disc and Yellow stuff pads all round. but its not due for a while yet.

CS does a good range of upgraded stuff at a price that is often better than OEM replacement.

me personally i'm going for the EBC ultimax disc and Yellow stuff pads all round. but its not due for a while yet.

No I've got DBAs on the back anyway, but I reckon they've warped again. It's the 2nd set of disks that have gone, so reckon there's something else going on and wanted some old standard disks to bolt on whilst I work out what's happening....

No I've got DBAs on the back anyway, but I reckon they've warped again. It's the 2nd set of disks that have gone, so reckon there's something else going on and wanted some old standard disks to bolt on whilst I work out what's happening....

Check the pad stops. I found when replacing my discs and pads last time what one of the pads was very tight due to some oxidation of the calliper where the paint had broken through. This might cause the pad to rub slightly all the time and cause areas where the disc is thinner which will cause it to pulse when you stop. This appears to be happening to mine, and thus may be getting them refurbed by someone like Alex, or a BBK upgrade (any excuse!).