Toyo Proxes T1-R

Jacko

Has anyone tried these yet?

I'm thinking of putting them on the Volks (ouch thats going to hurt for 4 new tyres!:headhurt:)

These are the new replacements for the T1-S..... (which I'm assuming people here have used?)

The splurge goes on about wet weather performance, but what they like in the dry? And on the limit etc?

For anyone interested, here is a brief description from the website....

The new Proxes T1-R, the new, natural choice for enthusiastic drivers. The Proxes T1-R boasts a special performance compound and tread pattern which gives incredible road holding in all conditions, especially in the wet. The V-shaped grooves in the tread pump water away allowing the rubber to grip the road.

These are bounded by circumferential grooves which allow the Proxes T1-R to give you even better wet grip whilst being quieter and longer lasting as well. And, whilst practical, these design elements also makes the tyre look spectacular on any car.

The Proxes T1-R is introduced in a range of the most popular high performance sizes.

It will increasingly cover more sizes from 14" up to 20" and beyond as further sizes are added.

Proxes T1-R will gradually replace the Proxes T1-S to be the ultimate tyre for performance use.

Mark , dont know about toyo,s ...but I'ved had more sets of tyres on my Z in the last few months than any car I can remember..started with Bridgestones , then, Falken's, now Conti's all I can say is that anything is going to be better than Bridgestones :thumbs: If presed I would say the Falken's shade it over the Conti's I have fitted now dont know why :surrender:

I've got Falken 452s mate, chose them over the Toyo's cos I've heard that the Toyo's are a slighter softer compound so wear a bit quicker. Very happy with the Falks tho, nice & grippy :thumbs:

yep thats what I had fitted good tyres :thumbs:

I've got Falken 452s mate, chose them over the Toyo's cos I've heard that the Toyo's are a slighter softer compound so wear a bit quicker. Very happy with the Falks tho, nice & grippy :thumbs:

yep thats what I had fitted good tyres :thumbs:

Think it may well have been you that recommended them to me mate, cheers btw!! :thumbs:

mmm. Just ordered two front potenza RE050A's for the Z (245/35/19's)... have there been problems with the bridgestones then? at £200 a pop, I don't want to make an expensive mistake...?

I have GSD3's on the legnum, and they're brilliant... just stuck to the RE050A's because that's what's on the rear of the car atm.

mmm. Just ordered two front potenza RE050A's for the Z (245/35/19's)... have there been problems with the bridgestones then? at £200 a pop, I don't want to make an expensive mistake...?

I have GSD3's on the legnum, and they're brilliant... just stuck to the RE050A's because that's what's on the rear of the car atm.

Just that people don't rate them very well, especially in the wet. I'm assuming the RE050As are the same compound as the OEM RE040s that come as standard.

Typically, most people on here seem to change to something different at first opportunity!

I personally have had no major probs with the Bridgestones so far (touch wood) but will be changing anyway.....

I'm assuming you guys are all on UK spec wheels. Any body with a JDM with the standard 17" wheels tried the Falkens or the Toyos? I am looking for a better wet weather performer than the Dunlop Direzza DZ101s which are currently fitted to mine.

Jim

I'm assuming you guys are all on UK spec wheels. Any body with a JDM with the standard 17" wheels tried the Falkens or the Toyos? I am looking for a better wet weather performer than the Dunlop Direzza DZ101s which are currently fitted to mine.

Jim

I had a set on mine Jim when I first got the car , but it came with a set of 18"s as well ., only did a few hundred miles with 17",s but the ride quality was a lot better than with 18",s.. totally gone the other way know and fitted 19",s :scare:

had Bridgestones on the 17"s (dont fit these ! the grip was appalling )

But why not get some 18" whilst your swopping tyres? Chris on here has a set for sale dirt cheap inc tyres? :thumbs:

I have these are they work great dry or wet.

Only thing is they do not seem to wear out. Now done approx 10k on them and they still have massive amount of tread left.

That can't be bad! I take it you are talking about the Toyos?

Jim