Envy Valeting vs Paint correction detailing

Envy Valeting

Started the week with this beauty. Booked in for a 2 day correction detail.

DSC03080.jpg

DSC03079.jpg

DSC03081.jpg

Washed the wheels 1st using Espuma Revolution and Envy Brushes, rinsed off and pre soaked the door shuts and fuel filler flap with Espuma G202.

Car soaked with Bubbly Jubbly snow foam

IMG_0980.jpg

DSC03082.jpg

Allowed to dwell

DSC03083.jpg

Then rinsed and the car washed with DG shampoo, TBM and the usual grit guards. Dried off to look like this.

DSC03084.jpg

Clayed with BH clay to reveal no real nasties, had apparently not been clayed before so I was impressed.

DSC03085.jpg

Paint thickness reading were taken to ensure it was safe to machine polish the car.

DSC03086.jpg

I used the following products on this correction

DSC03087.jpg

Knuckled down for a long slog, but it went quite well.

IMG_0984.jpg

DSC03088.jpg

DSC03089.jpg

DSC03090.jpg

DSC03091.jpg

DSC03092.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

This carried on for the rest of day 1, and half of the 2nd day.

Once it was machined it was time to clean up, with careful use of brushes, MF's and a lot of patience!

Paint was cleansed with Dodo Juice Lime Prime lite ready for the wax.

Dodo Juice Supernatural.

DSC03094.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

DSC03095.jpg

This was left to cure for approx 1hr whilst I made busy with door shuts

IMG_1036.jpg

Cleaned glass with Espuma green glass, polished chrome trim with Dodo Lime Prime and before you know it the hr or so had passed:)

The wax was then buffed off and it was time to get snap happy.

Sorting out some wax holograms on the bonnet with some white coconut liquid:rolleyes:

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

Please enjoy the afters.

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

DSC03096.jpg

DSC03097.jpg

DSC03098.jpg

DSC03099.jpg

DSC03102.jpg

I must convey my thanks to Perry and his family for the great hospitality extended to me, and the stakes have been well and truly raised in the "being looked after" category...bacon roll, coffee, coke cans....

Thanks for looking

Tim

I'm still relatively new to detailing and still learning. How do I get rid of the swerls? Does the product you use 'cut' the paint or build upon it to hide the swirls. I bought a £100 worth of Megs products a couple of weeks ago. I washed, Clay barred, Polished, Waxed, but still the swirls were beaming through it the sunlight and depressing the sh!t out of me! Any advice?

I'm still relatively new to detailing and still learning. How do I get rid of the swerls? Does the product you use 'cut' the paint or build upon it to hide the swirls. I bought a £100 worth of Megs products a couple of weeks ago. I washed, Clay barred, Polished, Waxed, but still the swirls were beaming through it the sunlight and depressing the sh!t out of me! Any advice?
Hi Danny, £100 will get you a lot of Megs B)

OK this car I polished out the swirls so yes I "cut" the paint, well the clearcoat/laquer but only minute amounts need to be removed to get rid of swirls.

If you had a DA polisher something like (blatant plug alert) http://www.envyvaleting.co.uk/products_info.asp?id=140 would be a safe bet for you and Nissan paint.

If you wanted to "fill" as you have suggested then a coloured wax might help.

A less labour intensive but totally safe option for by hand or machine application (blatant plug alert) would be http://www.envyvaleting.co.uk/products_info.asp?id=180 this product. Now I may sound biased but I saw this demo'd at Megs HQ earlier this year on an evo 8 and I can honestly say it knocked out 60% of the swirls on this car (and it was provided by an attendee of the course and not a megs staff car) and I was impressed for a product you can use by hand.

The reason its safe is it uses nano particles so they dont need to be broken down like the polishes I use by machine for example on this BMW, they are small already so you cant do any damage. Just work the area, and then buff. If it needs more work repeat the process.

Best wishes

Tim

How come you left the wax for 1hr to dry is that the proper way to do it. I usually leave it 5mins :wacko:

Depends on the wax mate!

I leave in on whilst I do stuff like glass and tyres, and buff when it has cured. Check this with the wipe test, if your finger wipes cleanly through the wax with no smears its time to buff :)

Best wishes

Tim

A less labour intensive but totally safe option for by hand or machine application (blatant plug alert) would be http://www.envyvaleting.co.uk/products_info.asp?id=180 this product. Now I may sound biased but I saw this demo'd at Megs HQ earlier this year on an evo 8 and I can honestly say it knocked out 60% of the swirls on this car (and it was provided by an attendee of the course and not a megs staff car) and I was impressed for a product you can use by hand.

The reason its safe is it uses nano particles so they dont need to be broken down like the polishes I use by machine for example on this BMW, they are small already so you cant do any damage. Just work the area, and then buff. If it needs more work repeat the process.

Best wishes

Tim

Hmmmm, very interesting. This could work very well.

Hi Danny, £100 will get you a lot of Megs B)

OK this car I polished out the swirls so yes I "cut" the paint, well the clearcoat/laquer but only minute amounts need to be removed to get rid of swirls.

If you had a DA polisher something like (blatant plug alert) http://www.envyvaleting.co.uk/products_info.asp?id=140 would be a safe bet for you and Nissan paint.

If you wanted to "fill" as you have suggested then a coloured wax might help.

Best wishes

Tim

Many thanks, Tim :thumbs:

Hey Tim, slightly off topic, but I finally used those brushes I purchased from you earlier this year. I have to say that Vikan wheel brush is absolutely fabulous (not really used the others yet - lol the Zed is always too clean). The length of the brush is great, long enough to reach the back of the rims (in the situation you don't have the time to take the wheels off), the bristles seem to loosen grime nicely - not too long and with the varying length. Best wheel brush I've used so far, even given the number of cars I've pro-detailed and show details I've done. Big :thumbs::thumbs: