Who's got which iPod FM Transmitter and is it.....

DoogyRev

Who's got which iPod FM Transmitter and is it any good

Decided to get my old iPod in the Zed, I know the only option with the factory stereo is a FM Transmitter. Just thought I would see whos go what and any issues?

Where are you plugging in.. front or back?

I borrowed a mates Belkin transmitter,it all depends where you are for reception quality really. I used it in my mates passat going down to cornwall & it hardly crackled.Used it again in the zed coming back from london & around town,found it a tad more crackly and annoying so ive gone back to making cd's which i hate. Roll on getting my Alpine IVA-D310rb put in the zed so i can use my ipod properly.lol

I just got one from currys in the reduced box got it for £17.50 and it is designed for the ipod so charges it aswell :D

It is a Griffin and i think its great very clear and very easy to use :thumbs:

This is the same one:-

http://www.currys.co.uk:80/martprd/stor ... egory_oid=

there is a few more choices on there but i think it is really good :)

coos

Harman Kardon for me. Stealth style, hidden in the ash tray area. Looks good, and hidden when I want with the sh tray lid. The unit comes with a small screen, and a small unit that mimicks the ipod selector. I will post pictures, but in Poland at the minute.

I've got a Kensington one with 3 presets, problem is that all 3 presets never seem to get a good recepition. I need to keep searching for new channels but that's just annoying and am starting to believe that a new head unit is the way to go.

I've got a Kensington one with 3 presets, problem is that all 3 presets never seem to get a good recepition. I need to keep searching for new channels but that's just annoying and am starting to believe that a new head unit is the way to go.

Got a Griffin iTrip Auto a few days ago, absolutely useless.

Hard enough to find clear frequencies in London and even when I do theres a crackle with every drum beat. Doesn't matter how clear the frequency is, it's coming from the transmitter.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here goes with pictures of my stealth Harmon Kardon ipod link.

Ipod in arm rest cubby.

caripodlink001.jpg

Ashtray lid in place, Harmon Kardon screen hidden

caripodlink001.jpg

caripodlink011.jpg

Ashtray lid removed. Sreen now in view.

caripodlink012.jpg

caripodlink003.jpg

caripodlink002.jpg

The Harmon Kardon click wheel (which mimicks the ipod click wheel is situated here, which is in easy reach to use, yet hidden quite well. It is quite small so not easy visible when looking in from outside.

caripodlink009.jpg

Hope this is what you are looking for.