OBDII Scanner

waylander

Illd be careful..

I recently brought one more expensive than that off of ebay claiming that it read ODBII, EOBD and JOBD.

Facts were, I received a product that only read ODBII. And for the record, that didnt work on my 350z import so I had to send it back.

Im assuming that mines JODB.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a bit of an old thread but...

I've an ELM327 v1.2a and I can't connect to my car, which is a 2002 JDM.

I tried bringing it to a mechanic I know and he used an Autoboss which threw up a u1001 error (CAN error).

I think I need a JODB scanner for myself for starters.. but I'm also wondering whether that's what caused the error with his Autoboss.

Anyone know of a reader that'll definitely work for a 2002 JDM?

I tried bringing it to a mechanic I know and he used an Autoboss which threw up a u1001 error (CAN error).

I think I need a JODB scanner for myself for starters.. but I'm also wondering whether that's what caused the error with his Autoboss.

an expensive one... ;) what do you need it for? reading codes? then Nissan has its own built in one which is pretty cool :D

an expensive one... ;) what do you need it for? reading codes? then Nissan has its own built in one which is pretty cool :D

Ah crap. :)

Well, just got a few issues that are reeeaally bugging me.

But my main one is I have the infamous ABS/Slip/TCS issue (made several posts about this already) 80% of the time I use the car. It failed the NCT with a free visual retest as a result of this.

Luckily, during the other 20% of the time I was around the corner from the NCT place in Lucan and I was able to pop in for one of the mechanics to come out and have a look at the car. As soon as I wheeled away from there the lights all popped back on!

Mine have to bite the bullet and go into Nissan at Liffey Valley and pay 110 euro for them to read it........... :(

This is the error I'm getting with some trial software:

elm.jpg

Ah crap. :)

Well, just got a few issues that are reeeaally bugging me.

But my main one is I have the infamous ABS/Slip/TCS issue (made several posts about this already) 80% of the time I use the car. It failed the NCT with a free visual retest as a result of this.

Luckily, during the other 20% of the time I was around the corner from the NCT place in Lucan and I was able to pop in for one of the mechanics to come out and have a look at the car. As soon as I wheeled away from there the lights all popped back on!

Mine have to bite the bullet and go into Nissan at Liffey Valley and pay 110 euro for them to read it........... :(

This is the error I'm getting with some trial software:

elm.jpg

you not far from me bud :evil: lived in the 'dalkin' for a while in Rathgar at the moment. We should meet up :dance:

Read this and see if you can get the code for it:

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.p ... opic=38952

If you need a good mech I know one in NAAS that could look after you!

You got any thoughts about tuning? (have a good one now!)

read this:

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/350z ... hts-2.html

Mine did that with the other tune I had on it... but come to think of it I changed front pads and it went away!!!

(probably due to the brake fluid level going up since the cylinders got pressed back a bit>?)

A.

Haven't been in a position to do any tuning of any kind unfortunately. Would love to start improving things once I get all the damn problems ironed out!

Got made redundant recently as well so mods are on the back burner.

I think I read that thread already on 350zmotoring. I've literally scoured the internet for theories because I don't have the money to throw at replacing sensors here and there and what not. Also Nissan quoted 110e for just reading the codes and, I quote, "if it takes more than the hour to read the codes and resolve the problem, then it'll be another 110e and so on...". :scare: < That was my face when she said that.

I've checked brake fluid already, it was fine (unfortunately and I even topped it up just to see but no use. :/

I'm going to do that horrible built in code reader way tomorrow I guess. Was putting it off coz it confused the @*!# out of me before. Nice one for the link!

Haven't been in a position to do any tuning of any kind unfortunately. Would love to start improving things once I get all the damn problems ironed out!

I think I read that thread already on 350zmotoring. I've literally scoured the internet for theories because I don't have the money to throw at replacing sensors here and there and what not. Also Nissan quoted 110e for just reading the codes and, I quote, "if it takes more than the hour to read the codes and resolve the problem, then it'll be another 110e and so on...". :scare: < That was my face when she said that.

I've checked brake fluid already, it was fine (unfortunately and I even topped it up just to see but no use. :/

I'm going to do that horrible built in code reader way tomorrow I guess. Was putting it off coz it confused the @*!# out of me before. Nice one for the link!

Don't take her into nissan, pm me your number if you got to go down that route and ill send you a better cheaper way! Sorry to hear re jobs loss...pain in the arse!

Don't take her into nissan, pm me your number if you got to go down that route and ill send you a better cheaper way! Sorry to hear re jobs loss...pain in the arse!

Ah sound. I'll probably take you up on that if I don't get any joy out of this thing. Haven't been able to do it today and the weekend is a bit of a mess (the Italian job!) for me at the moment but I'm going to force myself to get this crap done within the next day or two!