No interest in my roadster

Sunny1

Hi All,

I might be a little bit paranoid but i have had no interest from anyone about my roadster which i have advertised on Piston heads and on here aswell, i know my advert is basic and not very descriptive, so my question is do i have anything to worry about or is this normal? or have i overpriced my car?, on here i'm asking for £19,000 and on piston heads £19,495.

Webuyanycar.com are offering me £18,295 at which point they will whack on atleast a couple of grand and sell it on.

All comments welcome

P.S

I will be amending the advert

Sunny

i got more interest on autotrader. more people know about it and use that.

Yup would agree - usual advice would always be Pistonheads but in your price bracket you'll do better on Autotrader

Looking at the market though you may have to settle for nearer the 18k mark - not nice but when the 370 :yuck: has just come out you're feeling the knock on effect of being the older model (we know still better though! ;) )

Forget Pistonheads (I dont like it - generally people overpricing stuff - Autotrader is the best place

or Motors.co.uk or the Sun Local , times online and gumtree- or maybe even Car and classic of all places :) Good luck with the sale sorry your having to sell the ragtop did they not give you a decent trade in price towards the 370?

Webuyanycar.com are offering me £18,295

I would take that offer before they change their mind.

I think that's a good price considering the quick sale and the piece of mind. If its up for £19K you are guaranteed that they will try haggling down to £18 - £18.5.

Are you going for the roadster or coupe? After having a roadster you will hate the coupe :thumbdown: If you can't get a decent trade in tell them to stuff the 370 as you are not gaining as you will get nothing off for no trade in. :doh:

Sorry for the rant :rant: I just hate dealers ripping you off as they very rarely are on the wrong side of making the obligatory £2.5 - £3k profit

As much as I like the look of the new roadster unless I get a favourable price I will hang on to what I've got.

:drive1

the problem with Pistonheads is that adverts are free. Now if an advert is of no charge to the seller the the seller will always ask more for the car, if they are paying per month on Autotrader etal then they will post a more realistic price as they don't want to flush money down the pan.

I know I always put my car £1k more on pistonheads than on the trader :thumbs:

Just noticed this thread cos I am having the same trouble. I started the For Sale program for mine around 6wks ago and although I have has loads of Low offers and stupid PX's (as I have advertised the PX option) nothing comes really that close to being realistic. Have you had the same?

I must say though I have only advertised on PH and Ebay of all places. Might try Autotrader as this seems to be a popular option on ere. I cannot advertis on this forum yet as I have not submitted enough Posts Boo Hoo.

Good luck though bud, hope you get your sale soon.

i rarely do p/x i try and sell privately to maximise profit to re invest in the new car. but the market has changed recently and selling is not as easy as it once was. it may have improved, but last novemember was a nightmare.

Any car will sell in any climate, if priced right ;)

This is nearly true, but at what cost 10K for a 58 plate!!!!! My roadster is one of the cheapest in the UK with some good modifications but it still has not sold, so am reluctant to believe that even keenly priced cars are selling. You really do have to knock it down to stupid money, then what are you achieving. Unless you can knock your next cars value down 20% or more, but thats a bit of a risk.

This is nearly true, but at what cost 10K for a 58 plate!!!!! My roadster is one of the cheapest in the UK with some good modifications but it still has not sold, so am reluctant to believe that even keenly priced cars are selling. You really do have to knock it down to stupid money, then what are you achieving. Unless you can knock your next cars value down 20% or more, but thats a bit of a risk.

I hope it's April 1st :bang: as somebody is taking the **** with your goodself, whether it be an import or not (you haven't said) I would drive my car into a wall before I would accept that money :rant: & that's for a 56plate!!!

:drive1

• 2 weeks later...

53 Plate?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1163883.htm

53 Plate?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1163883.htm

If it is, you can see why it hasn't sold no offence.

He says in his post above that why should people slash the price of their cars to sell them but then want to PX with a hard top zed but only upto half of the value of his car, therefore less than £6k??

May I suggest you read the add properly I do mention that the car was late 2006 registed so those in the know will know that this is the higher tax bracket. Suffice to say though an extra £200/year on a car like this is not a lot really. If you want something like this then you are normally prepared to pay for it right?

Also if you read the add correctly again you will read that a MKIV Supra and a Htop 350z are the exception to the 6k rule.

Also if you read the add correctly again you will read the the 310BHP is, and I quote "hearsay" as per the person I bought it off who was a memeber on ere apparantly he had it rolling road tuned, ( I being new can only go by what people tell me are you saying this is not possible then?) yep maybe I should have done some research, which I did but not to this level.

Finally I was only putting in a bit of friendly advice when I mentioned selling a 58plate for 10K as an example of how low do you need to go to sell your car. Its not my fault someone reads this as being my car, I at no stage of the conversation said this was my car. Read though and take a look.

Nikbiomed out....

Back to origonal topic, are you sure that waiting for a buyer with all the pitfalls it brings is worth £705 extra. Snap the hand of webuyanycar and haggle the difference off the 370z with the dealer. Cash buyer with a counrtry full of Nissan dealers, someone will give in.

May I suggest you read the add properly I do mention that the car was late 2006 registed so those in the know will know that this is the higher tax bracket. Suffice to say though an extra £200/year on a car like this is not a lot really. If you want something like this then you are normally prepared to pay for it right?

Also if you read the add correctly again you will read that a MKIV Supra and a Htop 350z are the exception to the 6k rule.

Also if you read the add correctly again you will read the the 310BHP is, and I quote "hearsay" as per the person I bought it off who was a memeber on ere apparantly he had it rolling road tuned, ( I being new can only go by what people tell me are you saying this is not possible then?) yep maybe I should have done some research, which I did but not to this level.

Finally I was only putting in a bit of friendly advice when I mentioned selling a 58plate for 10K as an example of how low do you need to go to sell your car. Its not my fault someone reads this as being my car, I at no stage of the conversation said this was my car. Read though and take a look.

Nikbiomed out....

Calm down, mate, you've just got a free bump for your ad! ;)

Looks a nice one but I won't insult you by offering an MX5 in p/x... :p

Nikbiomed out....

Calm down, mate, you've just got a free bump for your ad! ;)

Looks a nice one but I won't insult you by offering an MX5 in p/x... :p

Some people just need reminding that they went to school to learn how to read and understand what they have read, thats all. Too many people just out to spout off without any consideration for others. Seen this so many times before on these forums, its as if they are loaded with these people, no matter which ones you subscribe too.

Anyway, I would love the MX5 my sister has one, an old one but its lovelly, this is why I went for the Roadster version of the Zed in the first place. I have owned mine for a few months now and its such a lovelly drive especially in the sunshine. I just aint into the look of the softop version, the hard top looks so much more mean otherwise I would not sell it. Oh and their is the small part that these cars look better than they go so wanting to go back to my Supra's is also a reason for selling.

Thanks for the bump on this one bud, I think I can advertise on this forum now but may leave that a while, especially after the slating the car and I have had.