upgrading pre 06 interior to improved interior

northernmunkeh

Has anyone done this and if so what parts are required?

I'm thinking the door cards will be a straight swap

the entire centre console below the headunit would be required along with all switches, heater controls, gear knob surround etc

but would all this just bolt in and all that would be required would be to move the wires for the hazard lights plus heated seat controls as they seem to be in a different location?

would it attach correctly below my headunit on my current pre 06 interior?

Not 100% sure there but I know the tunnel is different in the old and new cars (mines the new interior) but we had an early 2002 model also - I guess other than real alloy embelishments there is no difference?

Cant see why they would change stuff behind the covers -only question is the way the gearlever section fits into the central tunnel - look at the guides section - I wrote one for removing the centre console on revised interior but based it on the American 350Z techie site (which covered the older style) maybe able to help you?? :)

You are wrong unfortunately mate, only other bit the the AC control box (white box) will need to be transported accross.

Am I the only one that isnt a fan of the updated centre console? I prefere the curves of the older one

What curves there's hardly any difference other than real alloy shroud, alloy heater controls and a different cubby .......why they got rid of the cup holder I have no idea! The material has a nicer feel but I also like the older one anyway :D