Has anyone uprated cloth seats to leather ?

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Hi All

Something im looking to change eventually is my Cloth seats to Leather. :wacko:

Ive seen GT leather seats for sale and im assuming they would just fit straight in on the existing runners ??? :thumbs:

But im also thinking would it be easier,cheaper & better to get my old ones re-trimmed in leather with a custom style, like below. You can get the seats covers from US and then its DIY time. I think they look pretty good but I bet they are a biatch to fit. :bang:

Anyone got any ideas or know of any uk companies doin this kinda thing at reasonable rates ?? :surrender:

Phil (ESR) had a guy who did some work on my car and he was very good. I could probably find out contact details if you want. I also seem to remember that CS knows someone and he is closer to you.

Alternatively, give R35LEE a shout he can probably get you a set of leather seats for a good price.

Yep, GT's will fit on excisting runners, look for lomoto for his seat retrim.....

Also looking on ebay for 2nd hand leather recaros, as you can probably pick up a set of used seats and some after market runners for just over the cost of a retrim and then flog our cloth seats!

Shame they are so far away from me... looked like they did a top class job...

You not got the recaros any more then Mark?

Yeh, but I wanted some other stuff doing!! Why you interested??!?! ;)

nope :lol:

Well yea, but not at my budget and not in red ;)

These guys did Lomoto's...

http://www.precisiontrimming.co.uk/

And they have a jiggling Zed on the website - class!

those guys are very good, they are the popular choice on the FTO club if i remember rightly and its where alot of them get theirs done.

Yup your right there,a few people had used Precision,more recently though alot more people,myself included bought the Leatherette covers from RiceRocketUk for £275 any style you wanted etc. The fit wasnt awesome for me but no-one ever knew the difference thinking they were leather

Not really big fan of covers - if you have issues with fit - ie, baggy in places - may be worth fitting some thin felt or foam scrim (thin sheet) in strategic places - this will pull the covers tighter for a nicer finish.

For retrimming originals you can try this place - not sure of price though? Auto Trim Manchester ?www.autotrimnorthwest.co.uk