Styling advice required please?

stanski

I've decided to think about modding the van slightly - just appearance!

Currently its a boggo white van and looks just like all the others :dry:

sogZG0kWkK.jpg

I've seen some with chequered bonnet decals in black and white - was thinking of something along those lines but blue (to match the inside) and Lucy insists on 1 square being pink (!!)

Maybe a similar pattern on the tail gate (a'la Renault Sport stylie) :D

What do you think - any ideas most welcome? :teeth:

Note -I dont want to turn it into an A team van and the tear drop window in the back and flames on the front wings (circa 1979) are deffo out!! :surrender:

Something nice and tasteful just to set it apart........ bear in mind it will become a camper next year..

How do you turn a van like that into a camper? Is it easier than selling it and buying a camper?

Yeah........like dude.............you could paint a surf mural on the back..............and a water bed inside too..........oh and a shee-shah pipe :lol:

How do you turn a van like that into a camper? Is it easier than selling it and buying a camper?

Easy...........

My first job was a coach trimmer and fitting vans out was part of the work.

a) The equivalent price of a decent T4 camper van starts at £9K+

B) Mines a 1 owner FSH minter - did'nt cost me anywhere near £9K

c) I can build it to my requirments for example furniture will be fitted with wingnuts for easy removal when needed as a van again.

d) I dont like some of the commercial conversions they use chipboard furniture which weighs a tonne!

e) You can buy all the fittings off the shelf - fridges, sinks, ZIG units, pop tops, side awnings etc

Basically cheap camping :D

Yeah........like dude.............you could paint a surf mural on the back..............and a water bed inside too..........oh and a shee-shah pipe :lol:

Your forgetting the glitter ball in the roof!! :lol:

Thanks Nixy - just finding the time (as is always the case)

that's aswell as the wolseley and beetle restorations!

i vote for a big hello kitty face on the side and bonnet :lol: lowered with lots of black, pink and chrome, something so it wouldn't look out of place on the streets of toyko

maybe a bit much though :ninja:

that's aswell as the wolseley and beetle restorations!

i vote for a big hello kitty face on the side and bonnet :lol: lowered with lots of black, pink and chrome, something so it wouldn't look out of place on the streets of toyko

maybe a bit much though :ninja:

NO!

Its not being lowered at all!!

Van is a quick fix for now - just self adhesive Vinyl - Wolseley and Beetle some next (of course!)

Re: Bed - you can get a rock'n roll bed which is a seat and bed in one - but you can get a double mattress in there!

G18FAN - Love the sportline but it would cost me about £4K in mods to get it looking like that - would love the engine out of a real one though mine can just about pull skin off custard! :lol:

Very nice husky - and just in the right spot to cover the slight dint in the bonnet!! ;)

Bottom line decals (home made or otherwise) is the way I want to go - just a cheap fix ! But it will help the van go quicker down the M56! :lol:

Viper Stipes??( Naa too ford Transit!) :yuck:

Hmm funny you should mention bumpers - I was thinking of colour coding them white - but its a faff to fill and sand the little grain on them ?? Not sure though quite like the look of them (Caravelle models have that)

I was tempted to do a dual tone on the body panels but it will probably end up looking like bread delivery van! :lol: