Someone stole my gf's car with my keys in it!!!

adammitch69

:rant:

someone stole my girlfriends car today from Kirkstall Road in Leeds, but it had my car keys in it (dont ask I know they shouldnt have being there). anyway I am thinking worse case scenerio and they are contacting the DVLA and getting my address to come collect the Zed.

How do I get the locks changed on the Zed???

Is it all electronic or do I need the barrells doing???

I cant go through my car insurance as they'll rape me on the excess.

Really f**ked off, but not as much as my girlfriend will be when she finds out i borrowed the car!!

cheers

Adam

Sorry to hear that pal. Sure the dealer can sort it, keys get lost all the time so it should be a simple process. . . :dry:

Do you have your reg on the keys? Even if the DVLA breached your privacy rights and gave them your address, how would they know your details? Plus they prob just think it's a crappy micra. Don't think any of the car thieving scrotes I've ever dealt with would have the nouse to contact DVLA, I'd imagine they'd use her car for a few days then dump it somewhere.

What was your girlfriend's car?

as said above DVLA won't give any details to anyone so unless you've got your address etc in the car i wouldn't worry. I'd be more worried if the house keys were on there and your address on any paperwork in the car? You may want to make sure so you don't get burgled later!

House key was on there :-( Had the locks changed 30mins ago. Girlfriends car was/is a Punto 1.2 Sporting. Its annoying as had just bought a roof rike and Thule bike rack for it.

Also had the key to my gates on there so had to get that changed too!

There is a moral to this story ....dont leave your car keys in your girlfriends car!!!

as said above DVLA won't give any details to anyone so unless you've got your address etc in the car i wouldn't worry. I'd be more worried if the house keys were on there and your address on any paperwork in the car? You may want to make sure so you don't get burgled later!

DVLA will give anyone your details,send them 3 or 4 quid and you will get the owners details by return.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ow ... DG_4022067

The simple answer, brother, is you with a Barrett 50. calibre rifle perched in a bedroom window awaiting the thieves arrival for the Zed.

But seriously, unlucky mate. I hope you get the Zed secured.

ive not even read the rest of the page as i got to this and it was exactly what i was thinking :rant: . i was thinking the claymore route, you can go to bed then and wait for the bang.

but seriously wtf is happening, f***ing chavs, its rediculous. i hope the police club them till they bleed (to death) when they find them.

sorry to hear this mate, makes us all really angry inside :angry:

Sweety, honey, darling, I borrowed your car, left the keys in the ignition, and well .......................... it got stolen. :blush: I can imagine how popular you are going to be. The insurance company may not be impressed either, keys in the barrel. :headhurt:

Anyway, pity to hear that. Hope it all gets sorted without too much drama Adam. :)

DVLA will give anyone your details,send them 3 or 4 quid and you will get the owners details by return.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ow ... DG_4022067

You have to have a reason such as being in an accident, and give the police officer's details you are dealing with. They don't just pass them out, they corroborate with the officer first. Not saying it's foolproof, but it's very difficult to get info out of them. I'm in the cops and it's not easy, like blood out of a stone sometimes. In reality, little scrotes would just bin the keys and joy ride the car for a while. I doubt they will go to the effort of blagging the DVLA and pretending they'd been in an accident, and having an inside source in the police to confirm their story - all to steal a 350Z. Maybe if it was a Bugatti Veyron worth more than £15k it'd be worth it.

In reality, little scrotes would just bin the keys and joy ride the car for a while. I doubt they will go to the effort of blagging the DVLA and pretending they'd been in an accident, and having an inside source in the police to confirm their story - all to steal a 350Z. Maybe if it was a Bugatti Veyron worth more than £15k it'd be worth it.

That's the upside of the Zed key looking like any other Nissan key, they won't bother going after what might just be a Micra.

UPDATE:

It turns out that the Police stole my car!

Some pikey put a brick through the window but got disturbed by a passer by who alerted the police. Police came and towed the car away so it couldnt get robbed again.

Why when i called to report it stolen 4 hours later it didnt flag that it was sitting in am impound yard 1 mile away I have no idea. muppetts!!

They could have left a note on the wall oppoiste or even on the road where my car was rather than thinking that it was burnt out somewhere.

So now I have to pay £150 to get it released to me - the motorist is the victim again!!

Fair play that they thought of removing it so it didnt get stolen - but why it takes 18hours to contact me is unreal. surely they must have being expecting me to call and report it stolen!!

So they want to charge you £150 for getting your car back, that they towed away?!?

Absolutely ridiculous.

You may as well have parked it on double yellows, get it towed, and get it back without a smashed window for less. :wacko:

As they havent informed you, I guess they will be reimbursing you for the cost of changing the locks on your front door and gate that you have already changed?