Apexi ECV

Dblock

Now i think most of you know the setup I want, Manifold, Y pipe, decat and k1. Its gonna be silly loud but i was thinking about getting a ecv. I have serched about no one really has one and everyone is like this or like that no real answers. They do work as i have seen them on youtube.

I was thinking for it to be closed round town quieter, more resistance so more torque. Then open it up in remote places daytime etc.

Sound like a plan. Any cons? Anyone running one?

Thanks

Not worth it IMHO. The fact remains that that setup will simply be too loud when you have the exhaust on bypass, so you'd be constantly leaving it switched on to avoid the headache you'd get/ballache from everyone else. Not trying to sound like a broken record here, but you really REALLY do not want a decat with a K1. Put it another way, there's no reason you can't go and get the setup you want and then add the ECV in afterwards, but I believe they've stopped making the electronic version so you'd have to use the manual cable driven one. I'd give it a week before you gave up and popped the cats back in. ;)

Not worth it IMHO. The fact remains that that setup will simply be too loud when you have the exhaust on bypass, so you'd be constantly leaving it switched on to avoid the headache you'd get/ballache from everyone else. Not trying to sound like a broken record here, but you really REALLY do not want a decat with a K1. Put it another way, there's no reason you can't go and get the setup you want and then add the ECV in afterwards, but I believe they've stopped making the electronic version so you'd have to use the manual cable driven one. I'd give it a week before you gave up and popped the cats back in. ;)

ok does someone have a k1 with a decat i can hear as I think it will be loud but not silly loud. Also the ecv would give you torque round town and top end on track or b road.

It's not really going to effect torque that much either way, and with K1 + decat you're not going to be allowed within about a mile of a track anyway. Have you been in a Zed with 'normal' K1 setup at full chat yet?

It's not really going to effect torque that much either way, and with K1 + decat you're not going to be allowed within about a mile of a track anyway. Have you been in a Zed with 'normal' K1 setup at full chat yet?

Agreed, a K1 with bungs will barely get under most track dB levels, let along one with no bungs and that valve open! Especially with decat, plenum spacer and intake (which you need to do to make it worth while). You'd have no chance of taking it anywhere where people are within about a 5 mile radius! :lol:

ok does someone have a k1 with a decat i can hear as I think it will be loud but not silly loud. Also the ecv would give you torque round town and top end on track or b road.

It would probably sound something like this (from another post)

R

plz dont do it... people will physically hate u!!! the k1 is loud enough without decats!!!!!

ho

- obviously just my opinion of course but your trim will rattle loose with all the resonating i suspect no matter how much sound deadening u put in. also it will drone and drone for britain but if thats your tipple fair play to u...

plz dont do it... people will physically hate u!!! the k1 is loud enough without decats!!!!!

ho

- obviously just my opinion of course but your trim will rattle loose with all the resonating i suspect no matter how much sound deadening u put in. also it will drone and drone for britain but if thats your tipple fair play to u...

LOL i have to hear one in the flesh now. :teeth:

I just installed my K1 and we took it for a blast up the road with the windows down. It physically hurt my ears it was so lound, they were ringing after. K1 + Decat = Bad Idea unless you want your first language to be sign.

R

My current car is that loud. When your on a b road it can make your ears ring.

I just installed my K1 and we took it for a blast up the road with the windows down. It physically hurt my ears it was so lound, they were ringing after. K1 + Decat = Bad Idea unless you want your first language to be sign.

R

I'm glad you don't live on my street.

R

That came across wrong. Basically my current car is loud but only above 3krpm. I dont have any neighbors either.

I dont know how loud it is as someones idea of loud is different to someone elses. E.g. Some people think the bose is loud but my sound system was about 2krms and i think that is loud. If anyone lives near me and I would be willing to travel and pay petrol money to hear a k1.

R

I'm glad you don't live on my street.

+1 or have to give me a lift anywhere! :scare:

A K1 isn't that loud really in terms of dBs, it just sounds loud due to the resonance. It's certainly louder than just about any other Zed exhaust, and I definitely wouldn't want the car to be any louder, but it's really not going to deafen you either. I've done Anglesey to Essex a couple of times now with the roof down all the way :thumbs:

A K1 isn't that loud really in terms of dBs, it just sounds loud due to the resonance. It's certainly louder than just about any other Zed exhaust, and I definitely wouldn't want the car to be any louder, but it's really not going to deafen you either. I've done Anglesey to Essex a couple of times now with the roof down all the way :thumbs:

Thanks my friend but im still in the dark of how loud it is as you say it me be loud enough but maybe not for me or with decats it may be stupid or for me perfect.

Does anyone in Scotland have a k1 that I can listen to for beer/petrol money,