Driven over spilt paint

Ebized

Just spent most the morning cleaning someones cream paint off both sides of the wife's metallic dark grey Jazz :sweat::dry:

Neither of us are owning up to who was driving at the time but I guess it was the usual paint pot off the back of a builders pick-up you often see in the road, but invariably dry. This time is was still wet. :rant:

Only way I could remove the thousands of tiny paint spots along both sides of the car and the underside of its side skirts was by giving it a good soaking in Meths and then some heavy elbow work with a fairly coarse cloth re-soaked in the Meths. Needless to say I then had to repolish all the areas affected (Poorboys Black Haze) and re-detail the black plasticky bits. The wheel arches will just have to stay spattered and I will repolish the whole car again when I get time and add some wax.

So bang went the idea of giving the ZED a clean today as I'm knackered and having spent all of Friday detailing my sons Cupra :stretcher:

I hate to say it after the event but if you let the paint dry fully it cracks off easily over the next few weeks and washes. I had a red car which was splattered by window frame painters next door. I nearly had a heart attack but it all can off easily enough when fully dry.

It's a jazz not a Z so stick it in the local industrial wire-brush supermarket car wash and all the blobs will be gone (and half your bodywork too probably but that's the risk you take :p:lol: ).

I hate to say it after the event but if you let the paint dry fully it cracks off easily over the next few weeks and washes. I had a red car which was splattered by window frame painters next door. I nearly had a heart attack but it all can off easily enough when fully dry.

It's a jazz not a Z so stick it in the local industrial wire-brush supermarket car wash and all the blobs will be gone (and half your bodywork too probably but that's the risk you take :p:lol: ).

Thanks for that now its all done :doh:

The paint had fully dried and was not about to come off on its own - I know what you mean but whatever paint it was, it was well encrusted.

Yeah, seen the supermarket washers in action- sponges/leathers dropped on the ground, no attempt to clean them as they go straight back to rubbing god knows what into the paintwork. For people who are either lazy or have absolutely no interest in cars and dare I say probably the car door bangers to boot :dry:

My others halfs grand parents got line paint (yes that stuff.... :rant::angry: ) all up the side of their black jeep. I was volunteered to get it off. A good soaking with Tardis and a LOT of elbow grease saw it come good. That stuff was not shifting anytime over the next 10 years on it's own.

I also had to soak my Dads Rangie in Tardis when cleaning it as they had been doing loads of resurfacing beside his work and it was covered in Tar. It was black so you couldn't see it easily but I knew it was there!. You knows it's a big car but you don't realise how big it is until you clean it!