Re-mapping advice for my mods (related to RS)

givememorepower

I have a JWT which claims approx 12bhp gains, I shall be fitting a Motordyne spacer very shortly which I think claims approx 12bhp, and I'm ordering an exhaust system this week that should give another 15bhp, claimed.

So with all of these on, and after my learning ecu has been tricked/re-mapped into accepting these popular mods, ( at RS Tuning as they are only an hour away ) shouldn't my car end up being somewhere near the 320bhp+ region???? I notice Nurrish only got to (a respectable) 301bhp, and would have expected more?

Would these higher figures be possible with a piggy back, or are the claimed figures just marketing?

Strange isn't it that all these mods claim the power gains they do when it's not real. And we still buy them.

their claims can't be untrue as otherwise it would be false marketing, but you can set a dyno to read what ever you like.

also i think that the quoted BHP gains are for the one item on a stock car, i think when you start to add more items their BHP overlaps each other.

so if you had 2 items each adding 5 bhp, you might actually only gain a total of 7 bhp.

at the end of the day, they will make a difference, but not a smuch as the manufacturers claim

Yeah though similar.

I've just ordered a new exhaust system so waiting on that one over the next few weeks as they make it up :teeth: In the meanwhile I shall be fitting a spacer, hopefully motordyne, but have seen a skunk 2 that I may get for cheaper, also I have the jwt of yours fitted. So getting closer to my remap every day. Just need insurance quotes on these :teeth:

i'm following a similair path, got my true dual exhaust fitted, got my typhoon CAI, am waiting on a custom built CF plenum with built in spacer, just got to decide if i bother with HFC's as my exhaust is already dual the air flow is pretty good already, don't know if i need HFC's. then i think i'm off to abbey for a retune.

Strange isn't it that all these mods claim the power gains they do when it's not real. And we still buy them.

their claims can't be untrue as otherwise it would be false marketing, but you can set a dyno to read what ever you like.

also i think that the quoted BHP gains are for the one item on a stock car, i think when you start to add more items their BHP overlaps each other.

so if you had 2 items each adding 5 bhp, you might actually only gain a total of 7 bhp.

at the end of the day, they will make a difference, but not a smuch as the manufacturers claim

+1 and I'm after ordering a SSV Kinetix plenum... there is NO way that it will give 30+bhp :dance: but it will give me torque and some + hp :band:

Just a little help with your tuning list the Kinetix dont work at all on N/A car ,I have (had) one on my JDM just losees torque and bhp at low rpm and only gives a very small increase at the top end.

Motordyne spacer works the best we find.

Mark

+1 on that. The fact that Abbey, Adam@Z1 and Alex all say they dont work on NA cars is enough for me never to get one! Let alone the countless threads on my350z.com