Just joined ! Advice on tyres and baby seats ??

Hi everyone

Just signed up today, ive had my 350z exactly one year today.... best car ive ever owned to date and I love it dearly.... missus wants me to sell it as we have a baby on the way in january - she drives a five door focus so I dont see what the problem is ?? surely you can get a baby seat in them ???

Car has just passed its MOT and ive been given an advisory as all four tyres 'bridgestones' have approx 2 to 2.5mm tread. Had a quick look on the net and its looking around £600 to replace like for like. Had a look on ebay and you can get 19" CRUIZE 126 ALLOY WHEELS NISSAN 350Z + TYRES for £799. Dont know if they are any good but they look cool so im thinking it might be worth putting the extra cash towards them - any advice would be welcome..

Hope to hear from you soon

Chris - Derby

:drive1

in the manual they advise not to carry young children in the zed - however, this seems to be a back covering exercise as it also gives instructions to put a child seat in facing the rear and to disable the air bag if i recall correctly.

Tyres I use are Falken 452's and so do lots of others on here. Try blackcircles with forum discount or camskills.

You can get good tyres for less than £500 just do a search on here.

As for baby seats, well, i held out until my son was 9 months old and splashed out on a Recaro young sport forward facing seat, (9 months to 12 years). Not cheap at £150 but it is very safe. I use it in the zed now and again to take him to his Nans on a sunday if its a nice day, and he loves it. The passenger seat is right back and is covered so the baby seat doesn't mark my leather. The airbag, if deployed, god forbid wouldn't come near him as he's that far back and well restrained. I'm happy with it, and obviously i'm extra careful with him in the car and drive like a typical sunday driver. :thumbs:

• 6 months later...