Should I buy or should I run away?

Hi All,

Been in the Market for a Z for a few months now. I have just come back from viewing what I think is a good example and was hoping for any thoughts;

Its a 2003 (53 plate).

Has the GT pack (not advertised as such as I don't think the garage have any idea about the car)

51800 Miles on the clock

Advertised as silver (looks gun metal to me)

£12000

The car look immaculate. Granted it was wet so I might not have seen it under the best light. The salesman did pull it undercover but failed to dry the car off ;-) .I have not yet tested driven this car as I was really trying not to have a huge grin on my face (This happend on the last two test drives of the Z :D ) so I can hopefully knock the price down a bit!

The biggest concern I have was regarding the service history. It appears that the car had a P3 at 22k miles then nothing until 35k miles which was another P3. Since then it has had 2 oil changed. One at 46k miles and then last one by the garage selling the car (Nothing to do with Nissan). There is no record of any timing belts, clutch work being done. Should I worry about this? What is the normal interval for these items to be changed?

I was really surprised at what a hardar$e the salesman was. Either the car market is becoming more boyant or the guy just didn't like me! I "succeeded" in knocking absolutely nothing off the price. I even pointed out that the Pads needed changing soon. His response was that it just went through MOT so it must be fine! I just priced the brake pads and don't look too pricey and I would fit them myself anyway.

So, any opinions would be appreciated.

Sorry I have not attached any links or pictures as I have been struggling to find a good one in my neck of the woods for a while and don't want anyone else to scupper my plans :blush:

Cheers

Well it was definately worth posting here. :clap:

Thanks for the responses. I guess the general consensus would be to run away then so thats what I will do. I will start looking at private purchases, you definately seem to get more for your money. Just the hassle of trying to get rid of the old shed. For the money he was offering though not the end of the world.

Thank god I wasn't in one of my impulse buy moods! Normally I would have just bought it. :blush:

So again, thanks for all your input and your welcomes, hopefully you will see me soon posting nice pictures of a 05 or better Z.....Of course after first getting some advise from your good selves ;)

Cheers

Dave

After a long night and early morning of browsing the sales here, PH and auto-trader. I am struggling to find any other UK GT spec cars near the price this one is at.

Back to the original question then, apart from the price can you see anything of major concern with this car?

Cheers

Dave

P.S.

Also near Wales is key. Don't want to have to travel 3 hours to take a car back if any issues appear during the sellers warranty period. This will teach me for falling for car with so few available.

P.S.S.

Added some pics (Oh my god am I obsessed or what!)

[attachment=2]Lg933773-01.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Lg933773-02.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Lg933773-03.jpg[/attachment]

Welcome mate :). If 12k is your budget then I could have what your looking for, im about to put my up for sale this week after being persuaded by the missus that its a waste just sitting on the drive (I rarely drive it!!). Its a Kuro Black 54 plate with Alezan/Orange leather, full history, all extras including built in satnav, rear sensors, bluetooth, Bose, just had a P2 service, new brake fluid, plugs, ebc ultimax discs and redstuff pads all round, nismo spoiler etc etc. Car is in mint condition with no dings / dents etc.... drive spot on!! I'm over in Essex so about a 3 1/2 hour drive from you ;).

pic from a few weeks back:

DSC01774.jpg

The one you posted above looks nice but gotta have Alezan leather in my opinion, makes the inside feel so much bigger!!

Chris :)

Welcome mate :). If 12k is your budget then I could have what your looking for, im about to put my up for sale this week after being persuaded by the missus that its a waste just sitting on the drive (I rarely drive it!!). Its a Kuro Black 54 plate with Alezan/Orange leather, full history, all extras including built in satnav, rear sensors, bluetooth, Bose, just had a P2 service, new brake fluid, plugs, ebc ultimax discs and redstuff pads all round, nismo spoiler etc etc. Car is in mint condition with no dings / dents etc.... drive spot on!! I'm over in Essex so about a 3 1/2 hour drive from you ;).

pic from a few weeks back:

DSC01774.jpg

The one you posted above looks nice but gotta have Alezan leather in my opinion, makes the inside feel so much bigger!!

That is without doubt a better looking car! :thumbs:

Cheers Nixy :). I looked at loads of 10k motors and struggled to find a clean one so ended up spending more and finding this one!!!! Shame it has to go, without a doubt the best overall car i've owned (been through m3's, cossies, Evo's, subarus, dc5 integras, porsche etc etc!!)

Hope you guys can do a deal - and if as the buyer Dontpanic you want to verify the history by going onto cfoster's profile you can read his posts that will help reveal what he and his car have been up while a member on here ;)

Hope you guys can do a deal - and if as the buyer Dontpanic you want to verify the history by going onto cfoster's profile you can read his posts that will help reveal what he and his car have been up while a member on here ;)

Thanks Ebized. You must be a mind reader. Spend the last few hours reading through them.

Can't fault Chris so far, he ain't trying to pull the wool (No jokes now cause I am Welsh :lol: ) over my eyes, he has been straight up all the way :clap: . The only major niggle seems to be the old "clicking axle" problem. Looks like it has been regreased but not solved the problem. Just checking out the article now on changing the CV joints. Not really what you want to do when you buy a car but needs must.

Haha, sounds like you are doing exactly what I normally do (searching through peoples posts!!). With the clicky axle I told my mechanic to regrease the inner ones when it was serviced and not the outer ones (embarrassed to admit it but is me being a plonker!!!!!). I have spoken to the mechanic about doing the outers and he thinks he can get me in tomorrow afternoon to do it, so fingers crossed all will be sorted before you the weekend :).