Aftermarket HU and BOSE auto-volume adjust.....

Dene8

I've removed the BOSE unit and fitted the alpine x-100 iPod HU recently, trouble is the whole system still auto adjusts its volume as it pleases and I have no idea how to stop this, its driving me crazy!!

I know it was simply a case of turning the option off on the BOSE HU but I assumed the feature would cease to exist once the HU was changed. Any ideas……..? :bang:

Just been and done mine :) I knew it had it but it was off. Just press the round audio button 2 or 3 times, so it goes past bass treble fade,and there is audio pilot.

While we are thread hijacking what is ssv (speed sensitive control volume)that is mentioned in the hand book too. ?

The Alpine headunits have an auto adjust feature too dont they?

you just need to find it! read the destructions!

Pretty sure it doesn't bud........... i had the same HU in my type-r and there was none of this volume tom foolery going on :headhurt: I genuinely thought my hearing was going a bit funny and even had an appointment booked at the docs until the other half noticed it too...... :lol:

I've had a good search thro' the manuals too and no joy......

From what I've read before, the feature is acutally in the amp. There is a mic to the left of the steeringwheel next to the centre console. I saw on my350z.com that someone put a resistor in its place to fool the amp that the same background sound all the time and then set your HU from there. Try a search on my350z.com, its a pretty old thread.

From what I've read before, the feature is acutally in the amp. There is a mic to the left of the steeringwheel next to the centre console. I saw on my350z.com that someone put a resistor in its place to fool the amp that the same background sound all the time and then set your HU from there. Try a search on my350z.com, its a pretty old thread.

That would make more sense and would explain why I’m still getting irregular levels of volume with an aftermarket HU, I’ll have a search cheers :thumbs:

That would make more sense and would explain why I’m still getting irregular levels of volume with an aftermarket HU, I’ll have a search cheers :thumbs:

If you get it to work, let me know, I think mine does it now and again! Never did get around to doing it :blush:

Good find Chris'I :thumbs:

I'll be giving this a go at the weekend, i'll let you know how i get on. :D

This modification negates the auto adjusting effects and the “boominess†of the system.

IT WILL PROBABLY VOID YOUR WARRENTY TOWARDS ANY STEREO RELATED CLAIMS!

Required: ¼ watt, 1k-ohm resistor. Radio Shack part #271-1321.

Phillips screwdriver.

Heat shrink tube or electrical tape.

½ Hour.

1. Remove the lower kick plate under the steering column. There are three screws; one to the far left under the side kick plate, one just under the steering column towards the left, and one far right against the center console. The top snaps in.

2. Remove the steering column under housing. There are four screws; one is under the column adjustment lever. Pull the steering column under housing down, it is snapped in also.

3. The microphone is attached to the inside of the under housing. Unscrew the microphone and unclip from connector. Save for later, if you decide to replace it.

4. Cut off about half of the resistors “legs.†Bend directly at resistor body. Plug the resistor into the microphone connector. The resistor needs to go into the smaller holes of the plug. Finish off with some heat shrink tube or electrical tape.

5. Test it out.

6. Replace steering column under housing and then the lower kick plate.

7. Enjoy.