Bluetooth Adaptor for OEM Car Kit

Neil

I to spent last night trying to work out the phone kit and eventually worked out that it uses voice recognition of the 350z bluetooth memory and not the voice recognition of the phone. Took me nearly an hour to work out what words to use and how to store.

Couldn't find anythiing in the manual about what words/instructions to give. Just 1 page which said Car phone. (think it's 3-17)

So what it the full list of words you can use.

Worked out how to store Name and Number

Dial a number.

Cancel.

Any others?

Apart from telling the women to feck off several times until I masted it, I'm impressed and it does more than I expected.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't find anythiing in the manual about what words/instructions to give. Just 1 page which said Car phone. (think it's 3-17)

Dial a number.

Cancel.

So Mike, are these the commands that you use then? (still not read the manual)..... ie "Store Number", "Dial" etc?

so you've not got any further either.

What I worked out is

Press the speak button on steering wheel

say' Store Name'

she ask for Name

'Jacko'

she asks you to repeat it

'Jacko'

she then asks for the number

say it in batches of two or three numbers and she says them back to you.

Once finishing entering the number say 'store'

She'll tell you the number is stored

To dial a number not in phone book

say ' dial number'

she we then ask for the number. Say it as before in small batches.

Always speak slightly after she has asked ( roughly a second, you can hear some slight noise through the speaker which stops just after she has spoken - then speak)

If she starts saying Pardon, i just cancel and start again. She seems to get her knickers ina twist sometimes.

You can aslo say 'cancel' to cancel at anytime.

To dial a name

say 'name'

she ask what name

say 'jacko'

she will replay the jacko voice tag

then say 'dial'

she makes the call.

This is what I've worked out. It might not be totally correct. :headhurt: :headhurt:

I to spent last night trying to work out the phone kit and eventually worked out that it uses voice recognition of the 350z bluetooth memory and not the voice recognition of the phone. Took me nearly an hour to work out what words to use and how to store.

Dial a number.

Cancel.

Any others?

Apart from telling the women to feck off several times until I masted it, I'm impressed and it does more than I expected.

'list names'

'store'

'delete'

'delete all'

'redial'

They are all listed on page 3-30 in the manual mate.

Neil

Just speaking to the helpful Mr.F and it seems that early editions of the Manual didn't have the car phone section in. This was a recall by the dealers who then replaced the manual with an updated section.

So it seems not all of us have the info in the manual. If someone can post the relevant pages up it would be a great help to us all. :thumbs:

Just speaking to the helpful Mr.F and it seems that early editions of the Manual didn't have the car phone section in. This was a recall by the dealers who then replaced the manual with an updated section.

So it seems not all of us have the info in the manual. If someone can post the relevant pages up it would be a great help to us all. :thumbs:

Bear with me mate..

I will email the Car Kit Manufacturers for a soft copy of the operating instructions.

Neil

Note from Mod Team - the guide which Neil posted on a separate and later post may be found here

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2713

Guest prescience

Mike,

I have amended one of Neil's earlier posts above with the Guides link such that this thread still retains continuity :)

Ok guys just wondering if any of you have encountered this - mine was working fine but over the last few days everyone I've spoken to on the phone has said that it sounds really distant (I've PM'd Mr.F and its certainly not a problem with the adaptor because...)...the other problem is that I've tried to program the voice tags and I can't understand the woman cos she's speaking German!! (could at least have been flaming Japanese). We reckon its a problem with either the base unit or the settings, anyone any ideas or should I just run it into the stealers?

Ok guys just wondering if any of you have encountered this - mine was working fine but over the last few days everyone I've spoken to on the phone has said that it sounds really distant (I've PM'd Mr.F and its certainly not a problem with the adaptor because...)...the other problem is that I've tried to program the voice tags and I can't understand the woman cos she's speaking German!! (could at least have been flaming Japanese). We reckon its a problem with either the base unit or the settings, anyone any ideas or should I just run it into the stealers?

I can't see any way that you can alter any car kit settings without speaking to it and if it's in German, that's obviously a problem mate.

Suggest you take it to the stealers.

Alternatively, I'll buy you a german translation book. Does this mean you have to hold your telephone conversations in German as well? ;)

Neil

I can't see any way that you can alter any car kit settings without speaking to it and if it's in German, that's obviously a problem mate.

Suggest you take it to the stealers.

Alternatively, I'll buy you a german translation book. Does this mean you have to hold your telephone conversations in German as well? ;)

Neil

Thanks for the offer mate, very much appreciated :thumbs:

Yeah also gotta hold all conversations in German :lol: which is a problem being as how I got kicked off it at GCSE for writing my mock exam in English

The problem your experiencing is the main problem with the hands free system. Everybody seems to think that the blue tooth adapter is gonna sole all the issues with the kit. Wrong. The blue tooth adapter is just a different way on connecting your phone to the system. The quality of the system is the issue. Even with the old hands free anybody who you speak to will say that either you sound like darth vader or you sounds miles away. What you have to do is relocate the aerial that is stuck to the inside of the windscreen, behind the mirror, as far right as possible to get a better reception. Apparently. :thumbs:

The problem your experiencing is the main problem with the hands free system. Everybody seems to think that the blue tooth adapter is gonna sole all the issues with the kit. Wrong. The blue tooth adapter is just a different way on connecting your phone to the system. The quality of the system is the issue. Even with the old hands free anybody who you speak to will say that either you sound like darth vader or you sounds miles away. What you have to do is relocate the aerial that is stuck to the inside of the windscreen, behind the mirror, as far right as possible to get a better reception. Apparently. :thumbs:

Great suggestion mate, reckon I'll take a look at that at the weekend if I get chance.

What about my German woman though? Ah ha, I've got it, Val - can you nip into my system and sort her out please? ;)

Great suggestion mate, reckon I'll take a look at that at the weekend if I get chance.

What about my German woman though? Ah ha, I've got it, Val - can you nip into my system and sort her out please? ;)

Nein idea :blush::D

:lol: it's the first time i heard something like that, imo there's something wrong with your handfree kit mate, they must have fitted you one destined for the german market or soemthing lol

Awww, scheisse......

Andy If you wanna meet up we could swap over blue tooth kits to prove whether is the bluetooth or the base unit. This would then prove whether to go do the sealers or get your bluetooth swapped for a correct version.