Bluetooth Adaptor for OEM Car Kit

Neil

Andy If you wanna meet up we could swap over blue tooth kits to prove whether is the bluetooth or the base unit. This would then prove whether to go do the sealers or get your bluetooth swapped for a correct version.

Cheers Mike may well take you up on that, much appreciated mate :thumbs:

She's going in a week on Monday anyway for a couple of days (boot struts & clutch release bearing) and I've mentioned it to the stealers - they're gonna take a look. If they draw a blank I'll take you up on your kind offer.

Tell you what, no wonder this site is getting mentioned in the likes of Evo - it aint just the knowledge thats available its also the fact that everyones bloody friendly and doesn't mind going out of their way for others :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought and installed the Nissan bluetooth adapter from MJP.

Easy to install and works well but there is a big difference in the volume that the helpful 'lady' talks at and the volume of the call, which is much quieter. This was never an issue with the standard cradle. :scare:

I see that some others have had the same problem. Anyone worked out a fix yet?

Just bought and installed the Nissan bluetooth adapter from MJP.

Easy to install and works well but there is a big difference in the volume that the helpful 'lady' talks at and the volume of the call, which is much quieter. This was never an issue with the standard cradle. :scare:

I see that some others have had the same problem. Anyone worked out a fix yet?

Doug,

I found that I had to turn up the volume output of the "headset/handsfree" system that my phone was using. I just did that by pressing the keys that you would typically turn the volume up in a call (whilst using the phone normally).

Basically just whacking up the output of the phone as high as possible. Then when a call is working, I had to turn the output of the stereo setting on "PHONE" all the way up!

It seems that the bluetooth adapter 'sets' the volume on the phone to a couple of bars from the top.

Which means that the only option is to turn up the PHONE volume on the head unit itself - which doesn't fix the mismatch between the call volume and the talking 'lady'.

Maybe its better to not use the voice activated system at all, but not really ideal.

It seems that the bluetooth adapter 'sets' the volume on the phone to a couple of bars from the top.

Which means that the only option is to turn up the PHONE volume on the head unit itself - which doesn't fix the mismatch between the call volume and the talking 'lady'.

Maybe its better to not use the voice activated system at all, but not really ideal.

Mmm.... when I paired mine up with the phone, it shows it as a handsfree system, the same as it does with a bluetooth headset. Therefore I just turned up the "earpiece" volume on the phone to boost the output......

I know not all phones are the same, but the prinicple should be..... ?

Thanks for the suggestion. Using a really old phone (brick? - Nokia 6310i) and am getting a new one this week, so maybe it has more Bluetooth features. Will give that a go.

Aye should be. The newer phones should be more aware of differing BT connections etc. Good luck and let us know....

• 3 weeks later...

New phone (still a Nokia) no better, and volume still auto adjusts on the phone, leaving the output to the in car system a little on the quiet side.

Getting used to it now and have decided that the benefit of bluetooth outweighs the fact that it is a bit quiet - and that there are probably more important things to worry about!