Short Shifter

shieldsie

it will be a case of dismantling the centre console arm rest section, dismantling the gear exchange frame, and changing the shaft. the fiddle bit is reconnecting it to the ball joint at the bottom. i don't think the short shift is a complete replacement gear excahnge frame.

total time i would guess at 1 hours. depends on skills, i did it on my old MR2 its not rocket science but fiddly.

my honest opinion is you don't need it, swap to a low profile gear knob like the nismo and it will reduce your throw time by the amount you need.

install is very straight forward - takes under an hour to do with normal hand tools. Shifter surround simply unsnaps, shifter support plate is removed from the car from the top (4 10m bolts for the rubber insulator mounting plate, and 3 10 mm bolts for the shifter assembly itself. Linkage is unbolted from underneath the car, new shifter assembly bolts into place, and with the right one (NISMO or Stillen are far and away the 2 best units), very significant, meaningful difference.